Chapter 20: Ditching For the Day

Jay's PoV:
      I really don't understand why our parents always told us horror stories of this place. It wasn't that bad, in fact it was awesome!Actually, I quite enjoyed it here in Auradon and I think Carlos did too. We were fitting in to the best of our abilities and kind of making friends. I was kicking ass in Tourney, all the girls loved me (obviously), and school really wasn't hard.
Everything was going really well. Almost too well, it seemed really familiar. But maybe it was because of how I used to dream of this place when I was younger on the Isle. As for the whole girl situation, it was fun having all the girls chase after me, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Lonnie. She was a badass chick, the daughter of Mulan and General LiShang.
I really wanted to make a move and ask her out, but she didn't really seem like the kind of girl that would want a relationship. Plus I was used to being the lone wolf, and after Tiffany I wasn't sure I wanted another relationship.
Currently I was sitting in Goodness 101 with my friends, half paying attention to Fairy Godmother, half day dreaming about Lonnie. And then Headmistress FG said something that caught everyone's attention.
"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." She told us to join her up front, she then turned on a tv and our parents appeared...well shit.

Carlos's PoV:
Well things were going extremely well here in Auradon, I mean for fur sake I had a pet dog! That is, until Fairy Godmother connected us to our parents. Suddenly I knew everyone was thinking the same thing as me... 'we were hardcore failing them at this point as we weren't even close to getting the wand...'
I listened as everyone talked to their parents, especially Mal and Maleficent. And I responded to my mother's craziness. But, I knew that none of us were too thrilled with seeing them again, even on a tv screen. After FG disconnected us we gathered our stuff and began to walk out. "Is anyone else really afraid of what our parents are going to do to us when they find out we failed?" I asked quietly, seeing as I was terrified.
"I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best." Mal said to us. "Really?" I asked. "No. I think we are definitely goners." She responded to me. After that we nodded and went our separate ways.
I walked out to the courtyard to sit and maybe do some schoolwork, and then I saw Jane sitting alone at one of the picnic tables. Sure, her hair was very pretty with what Mal did to it. But, in my opinion she was already very beautiful in her own shy way. I walked over and sat down to join her, she looked up and smiled at me.

Evie's PoV:
I guess I was excited for Family Day. I would soon be a mother after all, only seven more months to go. But, it would also be difficult for my friends and I because of how we were clearly disappointing our parents. I'm just glad my mom couldn't see my full body on the screen. She would have had a A LOT to say about me being pregnant.
After Goodness 101 I went back to Mal and I's dorm to lay down. I was exhausted, sure I loved being pregnant and what not but it took a lot out of me. I couldn't imagine what the future months would bring. I passed by many girls who thanked me for their few dresses I had made them and others who asked me when Mal could do their hair.
I gave the most simple answers as possible so that I could get back to the room faster. I really just wanted to lay down. But, just like me, I wasn't looking where I was going and I ran into someone and nearly fell down. But, the person caught me. I looked up and my eyes met Doug's. He held onto my arms as he helped me steady my balance.
"Evie" he smiled at me subtly and looked down at my stomach. "Ummm thanks but it's kind of rude to stare." He blinked and looked up at me, probably noticing that I was blushing. "I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to stare. I was just thinking." "About what?" I asked. "Oh nothing.." he blurted our and ran away from me. Well that was odd. I shook my head and continued to go back to the dorm.