Chapter 30: Wait Just a Gosh Darn Minute!

Belle's PoV:
Ahhh, what a beautiful day to be alive... I stood on the balcony of the main ballroom looking out at the winter. Most people hated January, all other winter months, and winter in general. But, for me, winter was the best and January was my favorite.
Today was January 25th, 2020. IT WAS MY BABY BOY'S 16th BIRTHDAY! My dear sweet Benjamin. Turning 16 today and being crowned King in three short months. I was so incredibly proud of him, no matter who he wanted to date or how strange he'd been acting lately.
While stuck in my thoughts I went off to help Mrs. Potts clean for the party here at the castle tonight. Benjamin hadn't seemed as excited for this party as a typical 16 year old would be. But, I'm sure by later tonight...wait. What's this? I was in the process of cleaning up my son's room when I stumbled upon what seemed to be a photo album.
And judging from the pictures inside, it was a wedding album... for my son and that...that...villain girl!
       It had been strange when Ben started dating Mal instead of Audrey, but I wanted to let him live his life. Of course I had my concerns, but she genuinely seemed to care about Ben so I kept my concerns to myself. But finding this photo album raised MANY questions. When did they get married? Why did Adam and I not know about this? Did anyone else in Auradon know about this? Regardless, this might explain some of Ben's weird behavior recently.
      I sat down on the bed and began flipping through the album. Mal's dress was gorgeous and made her look the part of a royal. Her and Ben seemed so happy. I couldn't understand why Ben hadn't talked to us about this. He never kept secrets like this before.
      I continued flipping through the album and while the wedding itself was surprising to me, something felt oddly familiar about all this. It felt like there was a fog in mind surrounding these events. The dress, the ring, the ceremony, all of this seemed familiar, yet I had no memory about it. It was the strangest feeling. And that's when I saw it.... WAIT JUST A GOSH MINUTE!
      It was a picture of me, Adam, Ben and Mal. I stared at the picture for several minutes until it hit me.
        Ben and Mal DID get married, and Adam and I knew all about it. But that was it. I didn't remember much more than that. The fog in my mind had cleared slightly, but I still didn't remember everything. It was frustrating. But, at least I remembered that my wonderful boy was married now. And that would explain the photo album. And it would also explain why he was around Mal so often and possibly his odd behavior.
        I needed to figure out what was going on around here. I didn't know why I didn't remember everything, I would certainly find out. I may just have to ask Ben and Mal about things. Hopefully they wouldn't be secretive.
       I set the album back down on the table and continued cleaning Ben's room. Afterall, I did have a party to throw. And, even before that I still had to get ready...

Ben's PoV:
Yep, Happy 16th Birthday to me...again. Of course I knew how excited my mother was, among the rest of Auradon. But, I had already been here and through this day. This time would be different because Mal would actually be at my party. Last time my mother didn't think it was socially acceptable to invite my new 'villain' girlfriend.
      But, this time we were closer, obviously, and so no matter what I was inviting Mal and her friends. I'm not even sure if Mal knew it was my birthday the first time, I mean the first time we really didn't discuss birthdays... But after a while we had and we had celebrated them after that year.
       Either way, she was super excited this year. And she did as much as the girlfriend of the Prince could. It was all very sweet and surprising. It all just kept reminding me why I loved and married her.
       They had closed the school for my birthday and so I had just gotten to spend the day with Mal and our friends. That was until, she and the girls left to get ready for the party that my mom was throwing at the castle. It was the same every year. But, not this year...

Mal's PoV:
       I hated leaving Ben on his birthday. Especially after the first time around. I hadn't really known or understood the whole concept of birthdays. We didn't celebrate them on the isle.
     But, I did want to keep an eye on Evie. My best friend had been quiet and really weird all day. She even asked me to conjure up everyone's dresses for the party! I'm sure we all found it really strange that she hadn't wanted to make clothes. But, no one dare upset Evie...
      Back in E and I's dorm the girls all did their own makeup and hair. Once I was done, I went into our bathroom and brought everyone's dresses that I had. I had delivered others earlier this morning. The girls all giggled and squealed I'm excitement. I winced back at the loudness, laughing at them.