1.5 | SMALL GLOWING HOPE

1:27 pov

1:27 pov

The dark, gloomy corridors of the 1:27's hideout aren't the only things that bring shivers down your spine. Each corner is decorated with spiderwebs and you could be really lucky if you find blood splattered on one of the cold, stone walls.

Eerie squeaks and scratches are heard wherever you turn, making your adrenaline pump. One wrong move would send you to the leader himself, where he would find the suitable punishment for you, such as being shot by a poison-tipped arrow or sending you down on an enjoyable dive towards the hungry basilisks that roam beneath the cliffs.

The hideout itself, is hidden very well. You couldn't even find it, even if you were a well-trained detective. Even those dogs that have a keen sense of smell and hearing can't find this hideout.

So how are the two detectives supposed to find it?

/////

2016.07.06

"Aim straighter!" Lee Taeyong bellowed at the trainees. "This is the last time I will tell you to aim straighter!" He got out of his chair and walked over to the youngsters, who were trembling in fear.

"Mark, Donghyuck. You are the new recruits, and if you don't master the skill of shooting weapons, I'll have to throw you in prison with the others instead." He narrowed his eyes. 

"Yes, sir," the two teenagers bowed solemnly and aimed for the target again, which already had holes blown into it.

Mark squinted and aimed straight for the bulls-eye. He slowly pulled the trigger, and the bullet flew. 

It shot right through the bull's eye. 

Taeyong put on a smug smile. "That's what I like to see," He put a hand on Mark's shoulder and patted it.

"You two are going to help all of 1:27 succeed. The earth will quake in fear. You are our next gems."

/////

present time.

"Dammit, I am so sick of eating this kind of food," Jeno ran his fingers through the lanky hair that once was soft and clean. "Soggy bread and peas aren't going to cut it for the rest of my life."

"Hey, at least they didn't let us starve," Renjun answered back grumpily. The four cells were connected to each other and there was a glass pane that separated all of them.

"I'm scared," Jisung whispered, hiding his face into his hands. "Chenle, I'm scared."

Now usually, Chenle would have a billion positive things that he could say to comfort the poor younger, but today he found no words on his tongue.

"I-I...I don't know," Chenle answered solemnly, looking down at the dirty floor. 

It has been a couple days until the 1:27 revealed the news that they were going to be executed in a week. The four teenagers were frozen in shock when they heard the news, and the aftermath was not pretty.

They would cry themselves to sleep, begging in their dreams, if only there could be a hero, someone that could free them from this despicable world, where everything hurts inside.

Jeno sighed and looked at his soggy meal. "I wonder how Jaemin is doing?"

The four stayed silent. It has been three, long years since they saw their friend, their only survivor from the 1:27. For a year, they held onto the small, glowing hope that he would come and rescue them, but none came. So they let go of that small, glowing hope and let it fade away into the darkness of their cells.

"It's been three years," Jisung sighed and stared out of his cell in sadness. "I want to go home."

There was no response, but Renjun finally spoke softly.

"Jisung, what can we even call home anymore?" He laid his head against the cold, brick wall and took in a breath from the musty air. "We're stuck here in prison with an execution date set for us, and we didn't even do anything wrong. Mark hyung and Donghyuck are in the 1:27, killing, and we don't even know what Jaemin is doing right now. He could be..."

The atmosphere was suddenly cold. Jisung started crying. "No, he can't be dead!"

"No, no! Jisung, don't think like that!" Jeno looked frightened. "There's still hope! Jaemin could be on his way, right now, with his pro detective skills and a sidekick along with him! He could set us free!"

Jisung took an angry sigh. "Don't you get it, hyung? We're stuck here! There's no leaving. There is no hope! If we're going to keep living like this without any contact with Jaemin hyung, I'd rather just die."

And once again, silence filled the air.

a/n NO MUSIC TODAY SORRY

SHORT UPDATE TODAY SORRY