4.0 | FLAMES

third person pov

third person pov

/////

Whilst the group of four celebrated their successful emergency call, another male stomping through the dark hallways re-learned the pointless meaning of trusting all over again.

"I tried apologizing, why does he have to fire up at me like that?" Jung Jaehyun muttered to himself angrily as he adjusted the buckles on his harness as fury flicked his defined, prince-like features. Anyone would never think of Jaehyun as the type to get back at people by stabbing real knives in their backs. Jaehyun thought this too, but his pride was too much for him.

He groaned and planted his face into his hands as the past came flooding into his mind, piece by piece. The puzzle pieces clicked and the locked door in his soul opened. He gasped and collapsed, his body sweating profusely and his eyes wide. 

"I screwed up badly," his voice was breathy and scratchy as he remembered how immature and messed up his younger self was. Frankly, he was still immature and messed up, but he was always too busy and out of control to ever reflect on what he was doing. Nicknames that he had pinned on the older haunted him. The way he spilled the older's blood for absolutely no reason and how he once got in trouble by the cops at the mere age of fifteen completely warped him into the person he was today.

It's technically not my fault, Jaehyun thought to himself as he paced back and forth. My parents didn't stop me. They didn't care about me. They influenced me, so it's their fault that I'm even here like this, isn't it? 

Wrong. 

"Jaehyunnie~ you're doing great! Keep it up, darling!" 

"I'm proud of you son, you never disappoint your old man, don't you?"

"Jaehyun-ah, your teacher has been calling me, saying that you've been losing focus during class."

"Jaehyun, why did you hit him? We told you that two wrongs never make a right."

"Jung Jaehyun! Your behaviour is unacceptable here in this school!" His own principal stared at him with beady eyes. He looked at his parents apologetically. "I'm sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Jung, but I'm afraid your son is expelled from coming to our school."

"You weren't like this when you were younger! What's going on with you? Tell us what's bothering you and we can help you, Jaehyun!" His parents looked at him with desperate expressions, as if they were trying to search their only son's jumbled up mind. 

"Jaehyun, your grades are dropping drastically," his father looked at him solemnly. "Is there something going on?"

"Nothing is going on! Stop bothering me! Just shut up and leave me alone!" The fourteen-year-old Jung Jaehyun slammed his door in fury.

"Is this your son?" The cop looked at his parents, who nodded, his face dark and sorrowful. "I'm afraid that your son as been caught beating up a student at his school, Lee Taeyong. He was sent to the hospital with a broken rib bone, a broken arm, and missing teeth, specifically one of his molars and one of his front teeth. We will consult the other family and figure out the costs. As for your son, he will be sent to a trial."