3.6 | THROUGH THE SEWERS

na jaemin's pov

na jaemin's pov

/////

I woke up, my back aching, my eyes blurry. I looked around. The entire room was dark. If I squinted, I could see Doyoung dozing off on his chair, his chin tucked and his spectacles on the verge of falling. The broken gun still lay peacefully on the desk, not fixed yet. 

I decided that this was the time. I carefully crept out of bed and walked over to the large window that connected this room with the other storage rooms. If I got out of here silently enough, I could arm myself and find Narae, Jisung, and Chenle. 

I painstakingly tiptoed over to the window, keeping an eye on the sleeping Doyoung. The floor was creaky and the window looked even creakier. I looked into the foggy glass. There was no one. All I could see were cardboard boxes stacked up on each other. 

I slowly opened the window, grimacing as the glass squeaked against the frame. I checked to see if Doyoung woke up, but there was no difference. He was still snoring peacefully.

I took a deep breath, cold sweat dripping down my face. I finally pushed the window open in one go, which made lots of racket, but managed to do it without waking the older up. 

Cautiously, I squeezed through the frame, careful to not to fall into the other room suddenly.

Crash.

Dust went into my mouth, causing me to spit and cough. Pain rocketed up my ankle, probably because I landed on it wrong. I seethed in pain, but managed to get up. Carefully, I limped over to the open window and shut it close. 

I inhaled and exhaled, more dust going up my nose and mouth. I burst into a fit of coughing, causing me to double over in discomfort.

I hobbled over to the boxes, wondering if there was anything useful inside. When I opened the first one, I found vests that were as hard as rock. Bulletproof vests, I thought to myself, trying to find one that would fit my size. That would be useful if the 1:27 try and ambush me while I'm calling the station.

I started rummaging through the second box and found metal-clad leggings, which would be just as useful as the vest. 

When I looked through the third one, I found something that I was dying to see: new shoes. These scruffy, ripped up shoes that I have been wearing for the past few days were starting to get really itchy and it made it difficult for me to move around, considering the fact that the shoelaces were practically dragging across the floor and impossible to tie.

I slipped off the icky shoes and slipped into a pair of metal heeled combat boots. I smirked to myself and was about to leave the room when something caught my eye.

A trapdoor. 

/////

yeon narae's pov