2.7 | DAGGERS

third person pov

third person pov

SENSITIVE CONTENT TRIGGER WARNING!

/////

"You're no different from us, Jaemin." Jaehyun's soft voice warped into a cold, unfriendly voice that matched Taeyong's tone. His eyes swirled like dark pools, piercing into everyone's flesh.

Jaemin was about to throw another fist, but he stopped. Those five words punched him in the gut. Hard. He gasped as he stumbled on the floor, knees skidding across the cobblestone. Sweat trickled down his brow and everyone was staring at the scene in shock. The new rookie, picking a fight with a senior. Unbelievable.

Hot, painful tears started streaming down his bloody face. The salty tears mixed with the blood and all he could think of was back to when he cut his first scar. It was horrible, horrendous, something he wished he had never done, but he couldn't stop. It was like he was trapped in another body, and even when his mind was unwilling, his limbs moved freely and controlled him, no matter how hard he tried to suppress the awful action. 

"N-no..." He stammered, choking on his breath and swallowing the tears. "I'm not like you! I didn't kill anyone! I didn't do anything...!" His breath hitched and hiccups started interrupting his speech.

Everyone in the room chuckled. The chuckles turned into suppressed laughter. That laughter turned into hysteric fits of giggles. The entire 1:27 had started laughing at the poor nineteen-year-old Na Jaemin. Except for Jeno and Renjun. They were still in shock and couldn't believe that Jaemin, their soft, fluffy, caring Jaemin had decided to pick a fight with Jaehyun, one of the high-tier members of the 1:27. There were times when Jaemin messed up pretty badly, but today was no exception. This was beyond worse and Jaemin was about to get his ass roasted, no matter how hard he begged for forgiveness.

Jaehyun smirked evilly. "I didn't know people like you existed outside this world. I thought only evil, spiteful people with intentions to kill existed. I thought everyone in this world deserved to die. I guess there's one passionate person in this house," He crouched down to meet the same eye level as Jaemin. "Look, Na. I'm a senior. I was born in 1997. You are only a mere 21st century boy who is so naive and innocent, look at those puppy eyes that have seen nothing about this cruel, dark world." He brushed his fingers against Jaemin's chin, but it wasn't soft or comforting. It was tense and sent shivers of fear and disgust down Jaemin's spine. 

Jaemin gritted his teeth. "I know damn well about what goes on in this world! I solved bank robberies and murders, for goodness's sake! Now I'm stuck with this new case! To end your reign over Sanguis and bring peace for once! Peace! For once!"

Jaehyun laughed, but it wasn't mellifluous laughter. It was cackling, cold, evil-spirited laughter, similar to Taeyong's. Jaemin bit his lip, tasting the copper blood filling his mouth again. Does anyone in the 1:27 even know how to laugh?

"Impressive, for a baby." Jaehyun pulled out a dagger and started fiddling with it, flipping it into his hand and tossing it into the air. The fluid movements gave Jaemin anxiety and made his fearfully wonder what the hell Jaehyun was going to do with that weapon. Still, he kept his voice strong and stable.

"I. Am. Not. A. Baby." Jaemin's neck muscles grew taut as he put in strength into every syllable.

Jaehyun's cold lips turned upwards into a smile. The smile, however, was not pleasant. "Oh, Jaemin, if you're not a baby, can you handle this?" Before Jaemin knew what Jaehyun was about to do, he felt a zap of pain screaming in his gut. When he looked down, he realized that Jaehyun had plunged the damned dagger into his abdomen. Gasps went around the room, but those surprised reactions turned into series of laughter. They were laughing. At a person getting stabbed.

The pain that Jaemin was feeling at the moment was indescribable. It was too overwhelming, his blood flowing from the wound faster than any train. Crimson red. Flowing down to the floor, leaving fresh stains. His white shirt quickly blossomed with red. Tears pricked Jaemin's eyes once more and he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to lessen the pain down, but it did nothing. The painful sensations were brutal. He screamed like a rabid animal as Jaehyun smirked at him and just watched him suffer. 

"Don't mess with the seniors, Na. We all hate being here, it's a daily routine," Jaehyun spat at him. "We all came to hurt those who hurt us. We came to make things even for once and show who's boss. If you play games with the boss..." He paused and looked at Jaemin's pain-stricken eyes once again. "The punishment will be unforgivable."

Jaemin gasped, pain lacing every single sound that escaped from his lips. Blood starting filling his mouth and it dripped from the corners of his pink, plump lips. He shuddered as his own heartbeat began beating in his ears. His vision was foggy and the feeling of being lightheaded was being combined with the excrutiating pain that pulsed from his guts.

With his life on the line and Jeno and Renjun too shocked to help, Jaemin forced out through gurgling breaths, "I'll...k-kill you...just w-watch...I-I p-promise all of y-your victims, a-all the innocent p-people you t-took the lives o-of-I'll m-make y-you pay..." His salty tears flowed down his face as his very own blood spread across the stone floor at an alarming pace.

"Sure, sure, Na. You'll make us pay? You're already paying the price of ruining all of our plans. Delaying our ambushes. Yelling in our faces. I pitied you, Na. It was sad to see an innocent boy to be sucked into this world all of a sudden, but I guess you weren't as innocent as I thought you would be. You'll never beat us, no matter how intelligent you are, Na Jaemin." Jaehyun cooed. It drove Jaemin crazy that this lunatic didn't even flinch at the sight of a human being drowning in his own blood.

He was a psychopath.

"After all," He leaned in closer, touching Jaemin's waist, coating his fingers with his scarlet red blood. "The 1:27 always has the upperhand."

And with that, Jaehyun sauntered out of the room, the rest of the 1:27 following close behind. Jeno and Renjun were stuck in a trance, probably still debating in their heads whether they should help their friend or not.

Jaemin looked at his friends desperately, his teardrops falling to the floor, wetting the stone as the blood stained the stone. "W-what great f-friends I h-have..." He managed to smile, but his heart was breaking as much as his abdomen was killing him. "S-such g-great friends..."

"I-I p-promised y-you that I w-would kill the 1:27...g-guess I can't anymore..." Jaemin gurgled, his words tangled in a mess of coughs and shallow breaths. 

"G-goodbye, cruel world."

"G-Good bye Y-Yeon Narae."

"I'm s-sorry that I e-ever had to m-meet you."

/////

...