3.7 | A THIRD REUNION

yeon narae's pov

yeon narae's pov

/////

"Jaemin, where were you?" I whisper-yelled, shocked by the sudden appearance of my partner.

"I-I don't know either! I was...stabbed? I found myself in this nurse wing or something," Jaemin shrugged. "We're back together, though!" 

"Yeah, and I have Jisung and Chenle with me, too," I smiled, gesturing over to his two lost friends.

Jaemin's eyes widened. "Oh..." His lip trembled and he slid into the open space. "J-Jisung? Chenle...?"

"Hyung!" Chenle and Jisung's eyes were bright and sparkling, the happiest I've ever seen them since I arrived here. "It's been so long! We missed you!" 

Jaemin's eyes gradually became brighter as he hugged the two younger boys. "Oh god, it's wet and disgusting here, and oh- Jisung's crying...and oh boy I feel the tears up there, too." 

I laughed, trying not to be too loud.

"Hyung, you idiot!" Jisung said in between hiccuping tears. "We thought you were dead!" 

"I am well and alive, I mean, maybe not well, but I am definitely alive." Jaemin cracked a smile and indulged the warm hug. 

They pulled away, Jisung still in shock from the sudden reunion. Chenle giggled, patting his shoulders gently.

"Okay, I have a plan." Jaemin and I said at the same time to quickly redirect our intentions of being in a sewer.

Jaemin and I whipped our heads around in surprise. "You can go first," Jaemin said awkwardly.

"They're robots, I swear," Chenle mumbled under his breath.

"...Okay, so my plan. I already told Chenle and Jisung this, but we're going to find a phone, call the station, and they will bring a group of officers to arrest the 1:27. But, to do that, we need to disable some of their equipment so that they can't kill any of the incoming men." I whispered, my hands following my words, making motions.

"I have a similar plan. We could call the station and start a fire, so that the 1:27 can die in here." Jaemin smiled, showing all his whites.

I gaped at the suggestion. "N-no, Jaemin...we can't do that..."

"Is it just me, or did Jaemin hyung become a little more violent after these past years?" Jisung whispered to Chenle, his eyes still a little swollen from the tears.

"Affirmative that he was always like this." Chenle answered, his face showing no emotion.

"Jaemin, if we set this place on fire, it can destroy a lot of helpful evidence about the 1:27's motives. That, and the fire can catch on the nearby trees, causing a forest fire." I tried reasoning with him, but he was only smiling.

"I'm just kidding, Narae. We're using the dangerous techniques if the 1:27 try anything. If they refuse to come out, or if they try to threaten the police in any way, we'll use smoke bombs."

"First of all, we need to find a phone," I bit my lip. "To find a phone, it's most likely that they'd be in one of the 1:27's rooms."

Jisung turned pale. "We need to go in one of their rooms? That's..."

"It's the only way. I doubt that they have telephones just hanging around here." I sighed.

"Isn't it also unlikely that there's even internet connection in this place?" Jaemin asked, raising an eyebrow. "We're smack in the middle of a forest."

"There's a chance...?" I said weakly.

"Then let's do it," Chenle opened the trapdoor. "We need to hurry. There's only a few more hours until dawn, let's make every moment count."

We all nodded in unison and slowly stepped out of the sewers, our breaths held.