Chapter 13

Check out my newest book "Mimic - (Various!BNHA x Fem!Reader)", I'll be working on this book more often! <3

You were resting while Kirishima and Bakugou's match was going on, trying to regain your energy as your splitting headache lessened. You watched the match carefully, seeing how Bakugou fought but he was defending rather than being offense which was unusual. 

The match ended with Bakugou blasting Kirishima constantly until he got knocked out. You sat there in your seat, feeling small and letting the nervousness creep in again."I'm gonna die.." You thought.

The final four people in the matches showed up, consisting of Shoto, Iida, Bakugou and lastly, you. You stood up from your seat, and started to make your way out.

"Kay, I'm gonna go wait. Cya out there.." You smiled halfheartedly to your classmates, trying to be confident. They gave you wishes of good luck and sympathetic smiles, and you walked away.

You sat in the waiting room when the door opened and Izuku appeared, bringing you back to reality and away from your planning.

"Ah- Izuku, what's up?" You asked.

He shut the door behind him, and sat down beside you. "Y/n, hey. I just wanted to see how you were doing and if you needed anything."

"Well, I'm.... nervous, and I think I need some advice." You laughed awkwardly, "I don't know how my wind can defeat that angry ball of explosions.."

Izuku laughed a bit at the name but, nonetheless, he didn't hesitate to comply and give you some advice. You listened and took in all of the information he told you, feeling more at ease now.

"Thank you so much, Izu! You don't know how much better you made me feel with that." You smiled and flung your arms around him to give him a big hug.

His whole body became as stiff as a brick wall, as his face turned bright red and he began stammering out an incoherent sentence. 

You laughed, and released him. "Sorry about that!" 

"N-no it's o-k! Really! Uh, but did you say 'Izu'?" He finally got out. 

You giggled, realizing that you actually did just give him a nickname. "Yea, sorry! I like to give people nicknames sometimes." You said and rubbed the back of your neck.

"It's fine! I don't mind at all actually." He said happily. Present Mic and Midnight's voices could be heard, saying something about Iida and Shoto advancing. 

You sighed and stood up. "Well I guess that's my call." 

Izuku began apologizing to you. "Oh, I'm so sorry for wasting your time, I-" 

"No, Izuku this was perfect. I'm glad I was able to talk to you, or else I may not have had any chance in this battle at all. I appreciate your help a lot! So thank you very much, and don't apologize." You smiled at him, and made your way out.

They were melting the ice that Shoto had created as you walked up to the entrance. Once they were done, you exhaled heavily and made your way towards the stage that would most likely be destroyed soon enough. 

"Sorry Bakugou, but I don't believe I'll be using my full power this time." You thought, almost laughing to yourself bitterly. You could easily win these fights if only you used your awful quirk. But of course, that was not happening, you promised yourself that it wouldn't.

You stood on the stage, leaning deeply on your right leg, and with a hand on your hip, watching your opponent make his way over as well. Bakugou stood across from you, glaring daggers as you kept your head up, looking down at him with a stoic face.