Chapter 17

Check out my newest book "Mimic - (Various!BNHA x Fem!Reader)", I'll be working on this book more often! <3

After you get home, you get to work on trying to figure out what internship to apply to. As you're working in your room, you hear a car rolling up and your garage door open. Your dogs Roscoe and Zyler immediately jump up and run downstairs. 

You follow them out and see your dad walk in as you go down the stairs. Your dogs were jumping all over him.

"Hi dad, you're home early!" You say, but then a woman walks in behind him. Zyler stops going crazy and begins growling at the woman. You get to the bottom of the stairs, and look between the two. The woman had medium-long brown hair, amber eyes, and she was slender. Her face looked kind enough.

"Ah, Y/n. I want you to meet Akeno. She works at my agency as one of my assistants." Your dad explained. 

You smiled, and greeted her. "Hello, I'm Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you." You said calmly. 

She smiled back. "I'm so glad to finally meet you. Your father talks a lot about you, you know." Akeno replied. You notice how Zyler stands protectively between you and Akeno, and Roscoe carefully sniffs her, seeming wary.

"Really?" You looked up at your dad, quirking an eyebrow at him. 

He laughs. "Of course! Why wouldn't I talk about my one and only, amazing child. Also Akeno, don't mind the dogs. Usually they don't act like this, but I'm sure they'll get used to you." He said, and you let out a small laugh as if you didn't believe him.

"Oh, it's quite alright. I don't mind." Akeno answers. "Yea, no really they don't act like this usually. Only when they don't like someone..." You thought, seeing how Roscoe stepped away from her and went in front you as if to protect you.

Your dad walked into the house a bit more, setting down some of his things, and Akeno follows. "Y/n, Akeno and I were going to go out for dinner. We have to discuss things about my agency, but we won't be too long. You'll be fine by yourself right?" He asks.

You walk after them, sitting down on the couch. Zyler jumps up next to you and lays over you, while Roscoe sits at your feet. "Of course, I'll be fine. You guys go do your agency talk or whatever." You say, leaning your head against the back of the couch.

A thought comes to mind, and you sit up again. "Oh dad, that reminds me. I got all my internship applications from pro heroes. Um, let me just say, it's a lot. So, I'll probably need your help on choosing one. If you're not going to be too busy..." 

You look over at Akeno, noticing how she frowns slightly at the mention of internships. "Yea, I'll be able to help you out later. How many did you get?" He asks, an excitement was noticeable in his voice. "What's up with her..?"

"Uhhm, around 5 thousand." You laughed awkwardly, feeling kind of embarrassed. "I had the most out of my whole class.." 

Your dad lets out a whistle in surprise, and being impressed. "Dang kid, that's impressive. I'll definitely help you out with that." He says, making his way to exit the room.

"I'm gonna change out of my hero costume, Akeno. I'll be right back." Akeno replies to him, and you're both left in a slight awkward silence.

"How did you manage to get that many internship applications?" She asks, you swear you heard a condescending tone in the way she said it, as if you weren't good enough to do something like that. Zyler let out a low growl and you began petting his head to calm him.

You shrugged, brushing off her slight rudeness. "I'm not too sure. I won second place in the whole festival, but got more than first place. Kinda weird, but who knows." You gave a small smile, trying to seem as normal as possible to her.