Home [ ]

Idea cow's out of milk--
Hmmm...

Just a quick note, the Spiderlings idea came somewhere from Tumblr (most probably from OfficialUSMWriter but I can't remember...? Please correct me if I'm wrong). I just want to put a small oneshot here for fluff's sake.

Editing self: OMN, I only just saw the word count,, Sorry if this one felt rushed--!

Well, this was a complete and utter disaster. A week after having brought the New Warriors (the Ultimates having gone the week before), Peter had promised his Web Warriors team some time on Coney Island for a short break, with what everyone being extremely hard working. And while most of the group were a little skeptical about the breaks, Peter had reassured them that nothing could go wrong.

And since the writer wrote that sentence, something was bound to go wrong. Joy.

After changing into civilian clothing and making the arduous trek (without their webs or real means of transportation, as to not attract any suspicion), the Web Warriors had wandered around Coney Island. They told each other to stay close so that they don't get lost, but that plan went to disaster very quickly. It was literally after the second rollercoaster they got off. Peter, Flash and Ben were throwing up either over a trashcan or off the railings (he apologised to the poor man below Flash's falling vomit).

It wasn't long until the three noticed the missing children. Which led up to this conversation.

"How did you lose them?" Ben questioned, slightly irritated. He looked as if he was about to punch the lights out of someone if they weren't found. Peter and Flash, who were also frantically searching the crowded park, couldn't even answer, drowning in their own panic.

"Well! You're supposed to keep an eye out on them, too!" Flash bit back, still panicking. Peter, who seemed to be a little more stressed than any of them, turned back toward them.

"Hey, now! Let's all calm down, they most probably still have their communicators on them, so we should be able to contact either of them," Peter spoke, trying to stop the two from possibly fighting. Ben and Flash calmed down when the visibly more nervous male called Amadeus from his communicator.

"Amadeus, are you there?" he spoke. Either he didn't seem to be getting a signal, or Amadeus was intentionally ignoring the call. Biting the inside of his cheek, he immediately called Miles up, asking the same thing. He attempted to mask his nervousness, but it seems like the two children aren't fond of being found at the moment.

"Umm… Guys…" Peter attempted to speak, pathetically stammering. Before he could trip over his words more than he would, the boys seemed to have stopped him, and immediately sprung into action. Flash seemed to have pushed past the crowd and Ben… disappeared. Well, that was fast.

But he was left alone in the crowd, which probably meant that they've mentally and unanimously decided to split up and find the boys on their own.

Peter decided that standing there would be the worst thing to do, so he decided to also look around.

Being a relatively smart person, if Peter must think so himself, he decided to go to the place both of the boys would most likely be at first.

And he had no idea where that would be.

Well, this was bad.

ㅆㅉㅆ

Eventually, after a good half an hour of searching (or attempting to anyway), Peter got a call from Flash, telling him that the two boys were apparently at the game stands.

When Peter got there, he found Flash and Ben watching Amadeus win the majority of the games, almost impressed, with Miles holding the majority of the plushies the genius had supposedly won. Chuckling lightly, Peter approached Amadeus when the person behind the carnival stand handed the young genius another plushie.

"Having fun?" Peter asked, the boys turning to their leader with beaming smiles. They both nodded, and he offered to help the two carry their plushies as Miles led Amadeus around Coney Island (the rest of them almost struggling to keep up with them). The rest of the night went well, surprisingly.

But when the night began to wear on, and the clock struck a little past eleven in the evening, Peter carried a sleeping Miles on his back. He only just noticed Amadeus was asleep on Ben's when they got close to the Triskelion.

Changing into whatever pajamas they usually wore, the Web Warriors knocked off for the night. Today was a fun day.

Inspired by OfficialUSMWriter