Stop Crying • Pt 2 [ ]

Me: I'm going to finish this on Sunday!
My phone, Internet, Wattpad, immotivation and somehow a social life: I'm about to end this woman's whole career.

ㅆㅉㅆ

Well...

This sucked.

It didn't really, but it felt like it sucked. Not only did he feel sore, but the fact that he was so close to disappearing was the one thing that made the situation worse.

Someone found him falling into the water, and dragged him back onto land. Not only that, but he didn't even know who it was. Leaning against the building of the Triskelion, he couldn't motivate to let his eyes open and invite the fading light from the setting sun.

He felt far too sore to so much so as even move a single inch or take a single breath. Eventually, he felt a pair of strong arms blanket themselves around his fragile frame. He felt himself lift from the ground. He leaned against the figure's chest, suddenly feeling extremely cold and hoping to soak up whatever warmth he could.

Maybe throwing himself into the Hudson was a terrible idea now that he thought about it.

Fading in and out of wakefulness, Peter could barely keep his eyes open. He was still shivering, and only calmed slightly when he felt a sudden warmth envelope him. He probably got inside, where it didn't feel so cold anymore.

When he got inside, all he could see were the blinding fluorescent lights. He felt like he'd end up passing out again. His eyes closed again, and this time, he lost reality.

ㅆㅉㅆ

"Spidey, you're not fine," Ava spoke, watching her spider themed leader struggle to explain himself out of this predicament.

"I am..." he lied through his teeth, just to make sure his team doesn't dabble in his own problems. His problems are his own, no one needs to know about them.

"Then explain why exactly you threw yourself off a building," Sam piped in, crossing his arms, the Nova Force pushing him toward Peter.

"I fell, I didn't throw myself off," he lied again. No one needed to know about his problems. They didn't need to know.

"No way, Tiger," MJ spoke up from behind, "Triton and I saw you throw yourself off the Triskelion. We're lucky either one of us could actually swim down to get you."

It left Peter hanging. A rather large chunk of his team ditched patrols or smaller missions just for him. They could have been saving the city from a lot of trouble without him.

He sighed almost dejectedly, refusing to make eye contact with any of them. He fiddled with his gloves, the webbed pattern that stuck out and gave it its prominent texture. He rubbed the plates where his web shooter triggers used to be, biting the inside of his cheek before really feeling how tense the room was.

"Spidey, we care about you," MJ spoke up, "it's not just 'cause you're our leader, you're our friend. A family. And family doesn't leave each other behind."

"Well, you should," the voice in his head bit back, referring to the fact that he should have been left alone. He prevented himself from saying anything. They wanted to be heard.

"Hey, Pete," Ava pulled her mask off, her eyes looking up into Peter's, "someone once told me that we're a family, and family tells family what's wrong."

This was starting to sound really familiar, Peter nearly resented the irony of the situation: he wasn't able to hold up his end of the bargain, too afraid to bother anyone with his own troubles because everyone already had their own.

Wow, he truly was useless.

He refrained from releasing a noise of exasperation, staring at anything other than his family of supers.

Eventually, the silence grew into the air, turning the atmosphere thick and tense. He hated it, sensing that everyone else could feel it.

They hated it, too.

He eventually sighed, breaking the tension in the air. It was just... too much. He didn't need to bother anyone. He felt a sob bubble in his throat, but pushed it back down, cleaning his throat.

"I'm fine," he managed to speak, cringing a little when he felt his voice tremble. They didn't seem convinced, only visibly more frustrated.

"Forget about this," Peter spoke again, "you have more important things to do; I'll just be more careful around the roof."

They didn't seem convinced, and stuck to their place.

Harry, who hadn't spoken a word the entire time, spoke up, "then why don't we believe you?"

"Believe what you want, it wouldn't change anything," he quickly bit back. It seemed to have surprised the other.

Silence fell upon the room again, tension thickening the already tense atmosphere. Nothing could be heard other than Peter's shaky breathing.

He held back any other emotion he could, as if attempting to rip out every single emotional thought, either happy or sad; either way, it would benefit him in the long run.

He shouldn't feel this way; he had everything, compared to how he started, but why did it feel like the world was slowly crushing him. He shouldn't fear the responsibility, rather the opposite, but nevertheless he always felt this way.

He hated it.

Before he could catch himself, Peter felt a sob slip past his throat. He couldn't swallow it, coming out like a pathetic whimper. His teammates' gazes softened, and Peter hid his face within his hands.

He couldn't be seen this way. Not like this.

It seemed as if his teammates didn't know what to do, but Ava, the person standing closest to him, just embraced him. It nearly surprised him, causing him to bite back a gasp.

"Stop crying," the voice in his head repeated again. He tried to shake it out of his brain, telling it to stop. He felt another pair of arms wrap over him.

"Come on, dude," Harry's voice was softer than before, "cry if you need to, we won't judge."

He sniffed again, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks. Someone joined in the group hug.

"We'll be here for you, Web Head," Sam's voice spoke, refusing to drop the nickname, "worry about you for once."

"You've gone through a lot, Tiger," MJ wrapped her arms over all of them, "this is just a speed bump, you'll get through this."

Inspired by OfficialUSMWriter