Paralysis [ ]

Well... as of publishing (in Asia anyway)... it's my birthday. :D
Sorry for any delayed stories, but school and quarantine made life a lot harder than it had to be, haha...
why am i writing this at one in the morning...

ㅅㅉㅅ

Sleep...

It's nice... pleasant.

Those who fall victim to any disorder ridding them of sleep are truly cursed, and those who could never find any solace in rest, he hopes they could find happiness in it, as it's one of the most wonderful feelings in the world.

They say adult-fun-time is great, they obviously have never had a good night of sleep.

Rest is wonderful, especially after hard and tiring days of work. He had to learn the hard way that sleep was never a true escape.

Slinging around from web to web in his quiet neighbourhood in Queens, Peter crawled into his bedroom through the window. He finally had time to himself after the whole Goblin fiasco, and he knew his most trusted friends in the world were there. Safe and sound.

Seems like he has been missing a few beats of sleep since that whole incident.

He tore the suit off of his body after a patrol, slipping on a pair of pyjamas before crawling into bed. Danny seemed to have arrived before, having slotted himself on the mattress they dragged into his room when they were allowed to stay over.

Nevertheless... sleep.

He turned to turn of the lamp, and lay his head against the pillow, eventually making it to that euphoric dreamful state.

However, the moment he could feel himself conscious again, he felt... off...

The sound of breathing could be heard all over the room, phantom restraints holding him down onto the bed that he thought was a shelter to him. An escape from the real world was now a nightmare come to fruition when the sounds of a voice creeped into his mind.

"Peter~" came the mysterious call, cackling quietly behind his ear, he was sure he could hear the faint creak of the door, a shadow going past the window, another taunting giggle, one of eerie mystery, an unknown intention that he supposed he wasn't deserving to be told.

The sensation of something creeping up his leg with a shadow going over his eyes was enough for him to panic internally. He tried to call out. Danny, Ava, Sam, Luke, Aunt May, anyone who could get him out of here. Just so he could breathe, just to protect him.

"But you know you don't deserve their help~" the voice was relentlessly taunting, but a part of him knew it was true. He almost got his friends permanently trapped in the Goblin's clutches. He didn't stop tensing up however, holding onto hope that he could move, even with the sounds of the ominous and the shadows weaving over himself.

Eventually, he broke free, and the scream he held back eventually tore through the room when he jolted up. Tears started to pour from his eyes, staining his cheeks with sweat staining very inch of his body.

His breathing rose and stagnated with each labouring breath, finding harm in wanting to take in a breath and exhaling. The grip on his bed sheets tightened even more, the paralysing fear of someone watching him even more concerning than he'd let on.

"Spidey?" came a hesitant groan, causing Peter to realise he wasn't alone, and that wasn't always a good thing.

"I'm fine!" he instantly spoke, "please, just go back to bed."

There was a part of him that wanted to keep this all buried. Suddenly, sleep was scary again. And he didn't like that...

"You know it isn't wise to suppress what you're feeling," Danny spoke, voice vehement as ever. He lit the room up with his Iron Fist's golden glow, revealing how disheveled and tired Peter looked. He knew Danny could see it.

"Very well, but talk to us," Danny said, patient as ever, "we're all your friends. We're all here for you."

Peter simply smiled, wiping his tears away before retreating off to bed, the golden glow of Danny's Iron Fist flickering out before the room was bathed in shadows once more.

He could keep saying he's fine, over and over again, but someday, his feelings will come to light.

He understands that, but it's best to keep what's secret, a secret.