Halloween [ ]

This one is probably obvious to where I found the inspiration for this story. Came from Movie Night in Being There For You, as usual--

I (somehow) only just noticed that it's apparently October, and before Halloween does end up on our hypothetical doorstep and ask for some candy, this is what I wrote--

Halloween was just around the corner. And after being forced into a mandatory break by S.H.I.E.L.D. (but mostly Spider-Man), every Academy student and the entirety of the staff of S.H.I.E.L.D. by itself (and when I say the entirety of the staff, I meant all of them) was pretty much sent home to spend Halloween with their own families giving costumed children candy. Or if they were feeling particularly cruel, maybe scare them off (I'm still traumatised).

And since most of them didn't necessarily have a place to stay, Aunt May found herself taking care of thirteen superhuman teenagers. Taking care of Peter was fine, taking care of the Ultimates was enough, but thirteen was just a little overboard. Even for Aunt May. It however didn't stop her from loving them any more.

She just made sure to tell Peter about rethinking giving Academy students a vacation to their already crammed home. But despite that fact, Aunt May was glad they all dropped in to visit her for Halloween.

But to be fair, a minor reason (not so minor reason) they all even agreed to having the break was because they overheard the fact that Peter stocked up on Halloween candy. That was about it. Even though sleeping over would be a definite problem, they wouldn't mind sharing a room so long as they get a fair amount of candy.

Changed into civilian clothing, the Academy students were practically smushed inside the house. Yes. All thirteen super powered toddlers under the same roof. With one aunt. That's a definite recipe for chaos. With an aunt trying to calm the situation down.

In the living room, half of the Academy students found themselves conversing over the subjects at school, talking over each other as almost mindless banter filled the room. A few of them snacked on the candy Peter bought those several weeks ago (some of them were hidden for the kids), while others read their own books or played on their own phones.

A few of the students were in the kitchen, attempting to help Aunt May with a dish to share along the (and let me reemphasise) thirteen students vacationing under the same crammed roof. A few other students walked into Peter's room like they owned the place, and immediately started searching for any of their leader's memorabilia.

Peter went out to buy more candy, because they somehow already ran out (because apparently, three bags of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and another extra bag of M&Ms simply weren't enough for thirteen superhuman teenagers with powers that make the God of Thunder look like a little kid-- well, not really).

Lugging around several bags of Snicker bars and Kit Kats (and a heaping amount of copyright strikes because copyright apparently exists), Peter made it home.

He swore he just blinked, but the moment he set foot into the house, the plastic bags disappeared from his hands. He blinked, confused. But suspected that someone returning with heaping amounts of candy was bound to have those bags stolen.

At least Peter wouldn't be dealing with bad guys on Halloween, but he wouldn't want to be jinxing himself.

And now, something bad is obligated to happen, but we'll just see.

Overall, everything was going great. Halloween was perfectly fine and everything was going well.

ㅆㅉㅆ

Remember when he said "everything was going well"? That backfired quickly. After sneaking in handfuls of candy into the buckets of adorable, tiny trick or treaters, Peter returned to the living room once again.

An hour ago, Harry and MJ decided to drop by for a visit, making the place even more cramped than before. Which sucks. Because it was starting to get hard to move around the place.

But it was fine, at least everyone was enjoying themselves.

Everyone had thought of watching a horror movie again. Peter remembered the last time they did that, and really wasn't fond of losing too much dignity like he had last time. He glanced over at the Web Warriors who were in the living room (some where still in the kitchen, having seen the living room was too crammed), who didn't really seem excited about the idea either.

Not to mention, Peter wouldn't want to wreak havoc over Aunt May's home; fifteen people conversing and walking around the place was enough, make those five (to be fair, he wasn't very sure about Harry) start running around whenever something scary happens, and it becomes a bigger recipe for disaster.

Eventually, everyone did settle for watching a horror movie. Those who were upstairs in Peter's room (they don't even dare to approach Aunt May's room whatsoever) immediately ran down at the buttery smell of popcorn, and those who were in the kitchen found their place back inside the living room. Even Aunt May did.

All together, all sixteen of them were huddled up together. Most of them were quite visibly in groups. This time the Web Warriors were at the back, just to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again (spoiler: the same thing does happen again).

To not sound like I'm plagarising anyone, I'll just say that despite being spooked and probably losing more dignity than he would like, this Halloween Night was actually pretty enjoyable. Probably because there were no villains knocking on their doors and chucking tricks instead of treats, but overall, it was fun.

After the horror movie, and a video on Sam's phone over the Web Warriors' reaction (summary: they all panicked and someone chucked a people into the room for some reason. You can guess what happens next), they all decided to just knock of for the night and rest.

Instead of going up to the comfort of the bedrooms, everyone was able to find comfort on either the couch or the floor (or a messily made web that lets people stick onto and sleep on the wall). Huddled up together, everyone was comfortable.

Halloween was enjoyable, and Peter wouldn't change this moment for anything in the world.

Inspired by OfficialUSMWriter