Suit Of Armor Around My Ass

"Labs all set up, boss" The woman who I realize is Hill says.

"I'm not exactly the boss, but thanks about the lab thing." I hold a thumbs up. Tony spins in his chair after hearing the word boss.

"Oh, actually, he's the boss," Tony points to Steve. "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Tony explains. I laugh.

"You'd also be a tyrant if we really gave you any power." I smirk.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asks, walking over to Hill. I follow.

"NATO's got him." Hill explains.

"The two enhanced?" Steve asks. I perk up a little.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins," she explains. I subtly sigh in relief but I also internally smack myself. Bad thoughts! Hill hands Steve a tablet and I watch from over his shoulder, not being able to stop thinking Pietro looked cute with brown hair but silver fits him better. "Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building," I frown at all they've gone through. We all start walking out of the jet. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special." Hill explains. I continue to follow them, standing next to Cap, wanting to know as much as possible.

"Their abilities?" Steve asks.

Some weird mind shit and the ability to run so fast that he would use his speed to save me. I think to myself.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Hill finished. I nodded in understanding while Cap gave her a look. Hill pursed her lips.

"He's fast and she's weird." She explained in laymen's terms. He nodded.

"Well, they're gonna show up again." Cap stated.

"Agreed. Files say they volunteered for Struckers experiments. It's nuts." She says as Cap and I walk into an elevator whilst I frown as the news.

"Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country." Cap says and I try and suppress a smile.

"We're not at war, Captain." Hill says with a shake of her head. I smirk.

"They are." I say as the doors close.

I soon separate from Cap and head straight to my lab. As the doors open for me on their own, Jarvis saying,

"Welcome, Miss. O'Conner." I glare.

"We're on thin ice, buddy." I yell at him.

But my mood brightens as I'm back in my lab. I start running my hands on all of its glorious equipment.

"Hello my lab, my baby, my love." I cooe at a room. Bruce chuckles walking up next to me.

"Our lab." He reminds. We start walking towards Clint and everyone, looking down at a tablet.

"Right. Sometimes I just forget you're here." I say, at least sounding completely serious. I can feel Bruce looking at me but I don't look back. I merely smile as we reach everyone in the hospital part of the lab.

"How's he doing?" Bruce asks. I peer over at him, making sure these people aren't messing anything up.

"Unfortunately, he's still Barton." Tony sighs.

"That's terrible." Bruce fires back.

"Oh. The horror!" I say dramatically, smiling as I lean against the archway that leads to where Clint's getting treated.