Keep Holding On

Third Person~

Steve jumped onto the "safety boat", rolling over his shoulder. His eyes immediately snap to a passed out Casey.

"Fury, we got an issue." He says as he starts walking over.

"What the hell happened now?!" He snaps back.

"O'Conner. She's in critical condition." He informed.

"And how exactly did that happen?"

"She was trying to save the maximoff kid. We thought he was dead." Steve says as he kneels down in front of the two.

"Their pulse?" Fury asks. Steve kneels forward, placing two fingers on each of their pulses. He waits. One second. Two seconds. When he suddenly hears a thump. And another one. He sighs in relief.

"Very faint." He speaks a little breathlessly.

"Get em to the jet as soon as possible." Fury says, his voice demanding and filled with determination.

"Roger that." Steve says with a nod, completely ignoring his own accidental pun in this serious situation. He gets up and rushes to the pilots chair.

"I need you to fly to the main jet, we have two patients in critical condition who need to be taken care of immediately." Steve says, his voice hardened. The pilot nods and starts flying as fast as possible without flinging passengers off the side.

Once they get to the jet, about a dozen men and woman in scrubs come rushing out, taking Casey and Pietro and quickly placing them on separate gurneys. They rush them off of the boat one by one. Steve lags behind for a moment, needing to check if Clint is ok before catching up with the doctors.

He follows them into a steel grey room with a large window at the end. Each hospital bed was against the wall as the doctors moved them onto one, rushing to get IV's and oxygen through their systems. Suddenly a familiar doctor walked up to Steve.

"Captain, I need you to tell me exactly what injuries each patient has." Dr. Cho instructs cautiously and slowly after inspecting the drained and frightened look in his eyes. Steve immediately starts stammering.

"I-I um- u- I'm- I'm not sure. I think Casey is just passed out from exhaustion. She tried- she tried to heal the kid. I think it took a lot out of her. But we don't know how her powers work. She might've taken his injuries for herself. I don't know, okay!" He shouted, though he didn't mean to. He started to pace, weaving his fingers through his hair. Dr. Cho placed a hand on his arm.

"And the boy?" She questions. Steve's face fell even more as his gaze moved passed the doctor to look at the boy with sorrow.

"He took so many bullets. He saved Clint and a kid. It was a lot. Which is why it took a lot of her," He spoke softly. "Are they going to be ok?" He asks, looking down at the doctor. He watches her nod.

"All we can do is try." She nods again before heading off and informing the others on what to do.

Suddenly the doors swing open with a slam.

"What's going on?!" Natasha asks in her usual calm and leveled voice. But the rasp within it showed the true feeling she felt.

"Is my brother alive?" Wanda asks following after Natasha, her accent thick with clear and strong emotion. Steve crosses his arms, not letting his gaze move from the two teenagers.

"I don't really know..."
__________________________________________
First Person (Casey)~

I gasp, shooting up by the waist. On a bed? I don't focus on that as I immediately start choking. Coughing like a manic, I move to cover my mouth with my arm.