A Time Loop

"Girl, little girl, are you awake?" The muffled voice asks as everything becomes clear again.

I groan in pain and look around as my sight returns to me. I grow confused as I look around and see the dingy room that had been poorly kept. My eyes fall onto a man that didn't completely focus.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Where am I?" My voice asks. Though it sounds higher and... smaller.

"We're here to help you." He says, his voice so gentle and kind. My eyes flicker around the room, seeing doctors and nurses walking around me.

"Where's my mommy? Where's daddy?!" My panic grows. The doctor starts shushing me.

"They are right outside that door. You'll be with them soon enough.

"... When is soon?" I ask quietly. My eyes widen upon seeing a gas mask go over my face.

"When you're ready." And all goes black

*******

My blood is boiling. My veins are strained from being pushed and pulled. My body's on fire! Sweat drips off of my body. My eyes are closed as my body begins jerking around as if it knows somethings wrong.

My throat constricts and breath leaves me. I begin to choke but my mouth does not open and my body does not move. My head lulls side to side though it isn't mine to control.

The burning. The fire. The boiling. The heat scorching my blood.

My mouth opens on its own and screams rip through my body as the pains too much. Scream after scream getting louder as the boiling grows rowdier and rowdier.

"AHH! AHH! AHHH!"
*******

My eyes shoot open as the last scream leaves my lips.

"Casey? Casey!" Clint's familiar voice shouts out as he's still driving the jet. My eyes jump to each corner of the jet and I sag against the chair I'm in, relief coursing through my body. I wiggle around, feeling uncomfortable. Still able to feel the fire that was inside of me.

"What happened?" I croaked. Clint glances back at me as I curl up into myself.

"Not sure. You got dizzy, then you just collapsed... have you been sleeping?" He asks.

"Not for the past two nights." I try and say quietly.

"And why not?" He asks, sounding more and more like a father by the day.

"The first night was because I thought you might take us to a Hydra base instead of your safe house- - I was so wrong on that point. Then I didn't sleep the night we left the safe house because I didn't want anymore to hear my nightmares." I explain, walking up to sit in the co-pilots chair. Clint's silent for a few moments.

"What are they about?" He asks.

"My nightmares?" I ask with a brow raised. He nods, keeping his eyes on the air. "I'm not sure. All of them, I've been in immense pain, which causes the screams. I'm always in this rusted old place. A bunch of nurses and doctors around me. I don't know what it all means." I sigh. Clint hesitates.

"Say it." I tell him.

"Well... maybe your finally remembering some stuff." He suggests. I shake my head.

"No way could my life have been all pain and misery." I defend my child-self.

"Maybe that's why you don't remember. You blocked all the memories because they hurt and damaged you." Clint offers his thoughts and I think on them. I seriously think on them.