Center Of The Church

In the midst of my freak-out I happen to glance up to the sky where a jet full of people suddenly get hit with a blast.

"TONY!" I cry out into the coms.

"On it." He says instantly. My breathing becomes erratic. How many people are going to or have died because of my actions?!

I twist, aiming to punch whatever robots behind me. But instead, the world slows as Pietro evades my punch and steps in front of me. He cups my cheek.

"We have to focus." He says with force. I nod and rush forward, helping as many people get onto the jets as possible.

"Thor, I got a plan." Stark says.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor warns us.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony orders. "Avengers, time to work for a living." Tony ends the conversation with.

Pietro and I look up, watching all the robots start flying to the core. He looks down at me. I send my a quick nod and before I know it, we're running- - well, he's running with me in his arms towards the core.

We're greeted with what's left of the church being flooded by robots. Thor and Vision quickly working to disperse of any of them. Pietro rushes in, punching robots, flinging robot parts into other robots to destroy them. I bound forward myself and start to quickly tap into robots, destroying their mainframe so that Ultron will never be able to use them again.

I destroy a robot, throwing it to Pietro as he uses it to smash another robot. I step up to the core. And look around at it and the church.

"So... is this core in the center of the church? Or like... is the actual center of the church already destroyed?" I ask anyone in particular.

"Can you focus?!" Thor strains out as he's struggling with a few robots. I nod.

"Oh, yeah. Sure!" I carefully place my leg on the core and push off of it, tumbling two of the robots off of Thor and taking care of them as quickly as I am able.

I then rush over to help Pietro tear a robot part when I hear movement in some of the rubbled up church. I smile seeing Clint and relieved that Wanda was still alive. I hit him on the arm and he sees what I'm showing him. We both rush forward.

"Barton!" I exclaim, hugging him tightly. He chuckles.

"That worried about me, huh?" He asks. I put space between us and push him harshly.

"Hell, no." I scoff. " It's Just..." I trail off. He looks at me curiously. "It's just that you have a family now. Or well, you have a family I know about now. I've only recently learned the importance of having family around and... your family needs you around." I explain hesitantly. Feeling a vulnerability that I especially hate. Clint slings an arm around me.

"Well, your family too. Don't forget that..." Clint notices the worry still evident on my face and sighs. "I promised Laura and I'll promise you. This is my last job. I'm done after this." He assures. I nod and watch the twins exchange.

"Are you good?" Pietro asks, shaking out of what I can assume was listening to our conversation.

"Yeah." She replies a little breathlessly.

We all quickly walk back over to the core and I subtly glare as I see Tony's joined us.

"Romanoff... you and banner better not be playing hide the zucchini." Tony warns. I snort, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly." Natasha remarks. I nudge Pietro and he clears his throat with a smirk. "Or superspeed." She mumbles. I can faintly hear some type of truck on her side of the coms.