#4 ~ Forgotten

It was a beautiful warm morning in the Kingdom of Corona. Like normal, the king was busy. Allowing villagers to have land, or other things they wanted.

You had went with Varian and his father (Quirin). In Old Corona, a weird disease was spreading. When you caught it, you'd forget a few years in your past. His father was seeing if the king could help at all.

"I'm sorry friend, I have no idea what that is. I think it would be best if Old Corona would be evacuated and everyone can live in the kingdom. We'll give everyone houses" Quirin rubbed his arm. He was a little disappointed.
"Yes, your highness" he said. "I'll have everyone evacuated as soon as possible"

Quick Skip

Quirin led people out of the village. Carrying bags to the nearest guard. Varian was in their house grabbing all the valuables they had. His own bag mostly consisted of his potion stuff.

He eventually finished filling the bags and clearing out the house. He walked out dragging them across the floor. He looked over at all the villagers. Most of them were walking on hills in the distance.

Varian looked up at their home and sighed. Still dragging the bags, he started walking to the entrance of the village. He continued walking until he heard his father shout his name and to hurry.

He looked back to see a villager who had the disease. It was evident by the purple hue on their cheeks. Varian backed up, knowing that if that guy touched him, he'd forget a few years of his life.

You ran over, helping pull the bags away. All of a sudden, you looked up to see Varian had been grabbed by the arm. He pushed the person away and looked at you.
"Go!" He exclaimed.

He helped carry one of the bags while you carried the other. You both made it to Quirin and he looked at Varian worried.
"Son?" He asked. Varian looked up at him.
"I'm fine, don't know when it'll kick in though". He said.

As they walked towards the kingdom you kept glancing at Varian. He looked really weak. You looked at his cheeks. They were slowly turning purple. You rubbed your arm. You just wanted to hug him. Help him. But you knew if you did that you'd probably catch the disease too.

He looked at you.
"Y/N...?" He asked. You turned to look at him.
"Yes?" You asked.
"What if I forget you..?" He stammered, rubbing his arm.
"If you forget, I'll remind you. I'll just become friends with you again". He nodded and smiled a tiny bit.

You smiled back and hugged him quickly before pulling away. He looked at you worried.
"Why?" He asked. "Why did you do that?"
"I only touched you for 2 seconds, it should be fine" you said.

Another skip

Everyone who had lived in Old Corona now had houses to live in. Varian was sitting at the dinner table eating. His cheeks were the purple colour. The purple colour when you'd forget.

You sat down with him, his dad was eating a few of the ham sandwiches that were in the middle of the table. Varian looked at you.
"I'm sorry, have I met you before?" He asked, confused as to who you were.

You smiled.
"No, I'm a friend of your dad. My name is Y/N," you said. He nodded and smiled.
"The name's Varian" he said. You nodded and looked at Quirin. He only smiled a little. You could tell he felt sorry for you.

You looked back at Varian. "Can I help with your potion making after dinner?" You asked. The boy looked up.
"Really? You would?" He asked. You smiled and nodded. He chuckled and tackled you with a hug.

The disease only affected people if it hadn't fully worked on a person. Because it had removed part of Varian's memory it wasn't going to affect you.

You continued to hug him smiling. Eventually he let go and went back to snacking on the ham sandwiches. You sighed and looked up at the ceiling. At least you might be able to tell him how you really feel after a few months.