#6 ~ Tower (Part 1)

It was a beautiful warm morning and you got out of your bed. You stretched and yawned a little, walking down the stairs and straight to the window where you could see miles upon miles of forest.

You sighed, wanting desperately to be allowed to leave, or at least stand on the ground. But your mother refused to let you. Mostly because of your hair. She said people wanted it, to use for themself. And it was to protect you.

You looked over at your pet raccoon. You named him Ruddiger. He was happily snacking on an apple left on a table. You rolled your eyes giggling. He eats too many apples. No wonder he's getting so hard to carry.

You decided to start work on brushing you hair. It would take you up to about 2 hours to manage to untangle almost all of it. But most of the time you'd have to avoid getting the brush lost in all that hair you had. It happened occasionally.

Your mother visited once a week. Always a Friday. You walked over to Ruddiger and took an apple to snack on too. It was Monday, so you'd have 4 more days until you can actually talk to a real living person. You took the brush in your other hand and started the process of brushing your hair.

You sighed. 5 minutes in and you'd already gave up. You put away the brush out of frustration and decided to read to get your mind off things. There wasn't much on your mind to be honest.

You were happily humming a melody you could've sworn you've heard somewhere, when you heard some noises come from outside. You looked to see a boy. Probably around the same age as you. 14. It looked like he was...running from something?

You looked out to see the boy had now found a way to climb the tower. You ran to Ruddiger and picked him up, stumbling a little. You grabbed the rest of your hair and ran to your bedroom, grabbing the nearest item you could use for defence. A stake baguette your mum had left, and completely forgot about. You sighed.
"Guess that'll have to do," you muttered, in an irritated tone.

The boy had now got to the top and was looking around. You heard the sound of footsteps, coming closer. He was coming up the stairs to your room. You clutched the baguette tightly and before he could come in, you pelted him in the head with the stale bread. He collapsed in a heap at the bottom of the stairs, unconscious.

You smiled.
"Huh, I just saved myself," you said, proud of yourself. You looked at the boy's body.

"Now I have to hide that somewhere," you said, looking around. Your eyes looked straight at the closet.
"Perfect!" You exclaimed. You looked over at Ruddiger. He was busy sniffing the boy. You pulled him away and placed him on the bed.

You walked down to him,clutching the baguette, just in case he was pranking you and was still awake. You picked up his unconscious body. It was surprisingly really light. You managed to carry him to the closet and you pushed his body inside.

You smiled and put your hands to your hips.
"There we go," you said. The doors to the closet suddenly started opening and yob grabbed the nearest chair, propping it in front of it. You smiled.