#10 ~ The Fear (Part 2)

A/N:
If you haven't read part 1 to this chapter yet please make sure you do this, as this chapter will make a lot more sense.

Fear.
It's a word that's commonly used.
Maybe you've feared to be in a tight space because you have claustrophobia, or maybe you've just feared being alone.
We all have fears.

And the nightmare kept running through your head as you recalled what happened. The sound of echoing footsteps, running, had deafened your ears. The tough rock behind your back, cornered you at this dead end, and that's when everything had gone black.

You had woken up in a dark, seemingly empty sort of void. There was no where as far as the eye could see. There was no kingdom, there were no people, there were no directions. Just pitch black.

You turned around and the darkness suddenly started to swirl around you, before it moulded and shaped into a familiar looking place. The alleyway. The alleyway your darkest fear had managed to catch up to you at.

And there you were. Well, the stone you, the petrified you. You looked around. What time was it? Looking up at the sky, you noticed the sun still blaring down before you heard a rushed voice.

You turned towards it, and there you saw Varian, rushing towards you. A small smile formed on your face as you started to walk towards him. Then you noticed something was off.

He ran straight through you, running to where the stone you stood. You watched as his world turned upside down, and you noticed the tears running down his cheeks. You tried touching him, hugging him, anything. But you just phased through him, as if you were a ghost.

He let out a few sobs and whispered "Y/N no..." Before he pulled away softly, wiping a few tears from his bloodshot eyes. He looked at the bag he had around his shoulder and then looked back at you. He took a few deep breaths. You'd never seen him so scared and worried before.

"Listen.. I love you.. okay?" He rasped, sobbing and stammering in between words every so often. "And, I'm too scared to actually admit it" he chuckled a bit and sniffled, wiping a rogue tear from his cheek.

He looked back up at your face, a small smile forming. "But, maybe one day I will!" He took a few shaky breaths. "And I swear, I will save you." He held back a few more tears as he tightened the grip on his bag.

He slowly backed off, his smile turned into a frown and he turned fully around, right in front of where you had been standing this whole time. You could now see his face, you could see his determination. He meant what he said about saving you. You let out a small smile and watched as he ran off down, and out of the alleyway.

"My hero," you whispered to yourself, as the world around you started to engulf in darkness once again, and you were left alone. That seemingly endless void was back, and would forever be endless until you were saved and home safe.

A/N:
Sorry this was so short-
It's not as long as my other chapters and it is mainly because I haven't wrote in a while and haven't had much to do with this fandom anymore. I will try and post chapters sometimes but not all the time.
Sorry if the wording seemed choppy, and hope you enjoyed ^^