Remnant Australia

Kelly was sitting against the wall in the boat's engine room, watching the tape her helmet cam had recorded for the past few weeks, figuring out what she could do better while fighting Grimm, taking down auras, or making dust tech.

Out of curiosity for what happened, she scrolled back to her arrival in remnant. The recording started abruptly, about 100 feet in the air, and Kelly paused it, taking a look at the frozen pixels.

Her armor was standing just behind and left of John's, but it was simply the shell, he and the techsuit weren't in it, but it was still positioned as if he was, she then squinted, looking towards the upper left side of the photo,

There she and the rest of the team hung in the air, in the same positions as their armor, then when she hit play and watched as her body went limp and fell towards the ground. She watched as nevermores swooped overhead, grabbing pieces of armor and flying in various directions.

She sighed, nothing new, she thought, and tried to access the recording from Reach, and get some hint as to what that alien monument was, but was disappointed when she found that there was simply no recording from before.

She double checked the computer systems in her helmet. Everything was functioning perfectly, however according to the computer, her armor simply didn't exist before remnant.

She was interrupted as the boat shook from some impact.

What now? She thought

She had already fended off two sea Grimm with the help of Blake and the Faunus boy that she had hit in the head with her spear at the harbor, and it looked like the number was going to get up to three.

She opened the door and pushed into a crowded hallway of people that had evacuated from the upper deck.

A path was quickly cleared for what the passengers were calling the mysterious armored huntress, which had for some reason been shortened to "Ma." Kelly speculated it was a combination of an acronym, and the fact that she had fixed technical problems, fought Grimm, and after an incident with the first Grimm, the children on the boat seemed to consider her a ride service, and she was too shy to tell them no.

That had eventually ended with her being subject to mobs of excited children surrounding her anytime she was above decks, which in turn had brought her to the secluded corner of the engine room.

She finally reached the hatch to the top deck, and pushed it open.

Kelly stepped out and was about to evaluate the situation when her vision was filled with a blonde boy.

Kelly caught Sun with a quick motion, then he reclined in her arms, "Hey Adriana," and smiled, and she quickly dropped him on the deck, "— oof, alright I deserved that."

They each looked up to see Blake dumping rounds from her pistol into some sort of large serpent, and Sun hopped up and quickly joined her with his own pistols.

Kelly's mind flew back to her time at beacon, and what she had heard from Port's class, a story about serpents and their susceptibilities, then smiled to herself at the simplicity of the situation as she pulled a shard of dust from her store in a small tactical hard case on her thigh, then attached a simple detonation mechanism as she walked over to the side of the boat.

Kelly looked over to see if Blake and Sun were still on the boat, and seeing that they were, dropped the small yellow dust grenade into the water.

The sea around the boat started to boil, and the serpent started to spasm, thrashing around in agony for at least ten seconds before falling into the sea dead.

Sun and Blake looked over at her in amazement, with Blake saying, "You should have done that on the other two."

Kelly just shrugged as the expressions on the two turned to ones of disgust as dead fish started to rise to the surface and the smell started to become apparent.