Hurt Part 3 (Jake Kiszka)

Slowly you opened your eyes, re-adjusting to the bright light of the bus. You glanced up at Jake, who was still beside you. He had to be uncomfortable in the half sitting-half laying position he was in.

"Good afternoon." Jake cooed, brushing a stray strand of hair out of your face.

"How long was I asleep? You questioned.

"About two hours. Do you feel any better?" He smiled down at you.

"Slightly." You answered. You might have felt better physically, but mentally you were still a mess.

"Finally, you're awake." Josh announced as he made his way into the room. "I can play some music now." He reached over, grabbing his laptop, and within seconds Bob Dylan filled the bus.

"We're almost to the hotel. After we check in, we were all going to get something to eat. If you feel up to coming with us." Sam explained from the other side of the bus.

"That sounds good." You weren't hungry at all, but you knew the boys would like it if you joined them.

Sitting up, you grabbed your phone and unlocked it. You absentmindedly scrolled through Instagram until you saw a particular post that caught your attention. It was a video of the concert last night. A fan account made the post, and the caption read, 'Does anyone know who this girl is? She's so lucky to have Josh put his arm around her like that.' You became slightly irritated. You were sexually assaulted last night, and people had the nerve to call you lucky.

Part of you knew you shouldn't have done it, but you clicked on the comments anyway.

The first one read, 'That's Y/N, Jake's girlfriend.'

Okay, so far, nothing terrible.

Another one read 'I was at that show last night and it was actually quite annoying. They stopped the show because of her. If she is Jake's girlfriend, I don't know why she wasn't backstage or somewhere else out of sight.' Jake begged you to watch the show from the side stage, and you didn't listen. You already felt guilty enough about that.

You scrolled through the rest of the comments stopping at one that had a mountain of replies. The original comment read, 'Guys she wasn't lucky. The guy behind her was harassing her all night. You can tell by the guy's hand positions and the way she took off when he let go of her. I hope she's okay now.' You smiled to yourself, glad that someone was able to see what actually happened.

But for some reason, you decided to open the replies and keep reading. 'No wonder she was harassed. Did you see what she was wearing?" one user wrote. 'I don't understand why Jake's dating her. Is she going to cause problems like this at all of their shows?' another person commented. 'If I were her, I'd be honored that the guy thought I was hot.' A final comment read. You couldn't believe that some of these people called themselves fans of the boys. You were even more baffled that girls wrote most of the comments.

You didn't even realize you were crying again until Jake sat up beside and gently wrapped his arm over your shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong, mama? Jake questioned sympathetically.

You didn't answer. You just stared down at your phone, re-reading all the comments.

Jake reached over and snuck the phone out of your grasp. "What are you reading there?"

He was quiet for a moment as he watched the video and read the comments. You watched as his facial expression changed from hurt to anger. He locked your phone and set it on the table in front of you before turning back and wiping the tears away with his thumb.

"Don't listen to those people Y/N. They're not fans of us. If they were, they wouldn't be saying such hurtful things. If you want, I can say something about it. Maybe get them to stop." Jake comforted.

"N-no." You choked.

'Are you sure?" He doubled checked.

"I'm sure." You reassured him.

Suddenly the bus stopped. You looked out the window and saw that you were in the parking lot of the hotel. The boys went back and grabbed their bags, slowly making their way off the bus. Jake disappeared into the back. He returned, carrying both of your suitcases.

"Thank you." You stood up and made your over to him. "For everything. You've been so patient and gentle with me these last 24 hours, and I can't tell you how much it means to me." You wrapped your arms tightly around Jake, burying your face in his hair.

"You're welcome, Y/N. I can't imagine what you've been going through and will continue to go through both physically and emotionally. I'll never know what this feels like, and if there's any way I can help you, please let me know." He pressed a soft kiss to the top of your head.

Again, you were crying, but for the first time in almost a day, they were tears of happiness.

"Y/N, was it something I said? If it was, I'm sorry." Jake soothed, rubbing his hands up and down your back.

You lifted your head, looking at Jake with tears running down your cheeks. "What did I do to deserve you? I can't believe how lucky I am." You smiled through the tears.

"I'm glad they're happy tears this time." Jake chuckled as he placed another kiss on your forehead.

You pulled away from Jake and wiped your face with your hands. "I'm sorry I've been an emotional wreck."

"It's completely understandable, and no one's faulting you. You're allowed to feel; however, you want." Jake bent over, grabbing both of your suitcases again. "Now, let's go meet the guys. I know Sam's hungry. It's all he talked about while you were asleep."

You laughed, grabbing your hoodie off the couch and throwing it on. "There's that laugh I love so much." Jake commented as you made your way off the bus and into the hotel to meet the rest of the band.

"There you guys are." Josh groaned. "We already checked in." He handed you the room key. "Sam and I are in one room together. You and Jake are in the other. Danny, you get to pick whoever you think would be the lesser of two evils."

"I'll stay with Josh and Sam. I don't want to overwhelm Y/N." Danny answered, taking the room key out of Josh's hand.

"Thank you, Danny. I appreciate it. This is why you're my favorite." You smirked.

"Hey, what about your boyfriend?" Was everything you just said on the bus a lie?" Jake scoffed.

"You know I love you, Jakey." You lightly pushed his shoulder, causing him to stumble back a few steps.

"Okay, I hate to break up this love fest, but it's cruel to keep someone waiting when they're this hungry." Sam interjected.
"Oh, Sam, you're not going to die." Jake joked.

"You don't know that. I didn't eat breakfast." Sam huffed.

"And who's fault is that?" Danny questioned. "You should know this from high school. You never used to eat breakfast back then, and by second period, you were counting down the minutes until lunch. That's not good for your health."

"Okay, okay. No need to go into father mode Daniel." Sam folded his arms like a child having a tantrum.

"Alright, let's go before Sam passes out." You announced. Together all of you made your way to the elevator and up to your respective rooms. You changed out of your sweatpants into something a little more fitting for going out. After you were ready, you and Jake met the guys in the hallway and made your way to the diner down the street.