Quarantined (Josh Kiszka)

"As the number of cases in the state continue to rise, I am urging all non-essential businesses to close for two weeks. Effective at midnight tonight." You watched the governor repeat what was already announced earlier today.

"Well it looks like we won't be going anywhere anytime soon." Josh stated as he turned off the tv.

"That's okay. I still have to do my schoolwork and you can take this time to work on some new music." You declared. Suddenly the phone on your lap began to vibrate and you excused yourself to answer the call.

"That was my job. They said they're closing after today so I'm off until further notice." You explained as you made your way back into the living room.

"Thank god. You can stay home and entertain me." Josh smiled as he leaned his head back on the couch.

You grabbed the pillow from the end of the couch and hit Josh in the head with it. "I promise you won't die of boredom. Now let's head to bed. It's getting late." Josh stood up and the two of you made your way upstairs.

The following morning started off just like they used to. You enjoyed the fact that your university moved to online classes because it allowed you to sleep in. Once you and Josh made your way downstairs and made coffee you decided to get started on your schoolwork. You had to take a quiz for your business class. You seated yourself at one end of the kitchen table with your laptop and notebook while Josh was seated at the other. He had various papers sprawled out in front of him, all with half written songs on them.

The quiz was going well. You were paging through your notebook looking for an answer when you felt something hit your face. You lifted your head just in time for something else to hit your forehead. Looking down at your laptop keyboard you noticed it was a skittle. A few seconds later another skittle went flying through the air and bounced off your head.

"Josh what are you doing?" You laughed.

"I'm bored, Y/N." Josh whined from the other end of the table as he flicked a fourth skittle in your direction.

"You're so lucky this quiz isn't timed." You smiled.

"How much longer? I want to do something else." Josh complained.

"I only have 5 more questions. Why don't you go set something else up? You should be ready by the time I'm done." You suggested.

Josh's eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. He didn't even respond before bolting from the table to go do who knows what. You just shook your head and turned your attention back on your assignment. Two questions later Josh returned to the kitchen, but he did not say anything. Instead he grabbed the chair he was previously sitting on and carried it off into the living room. You laughed to yourself, knowing better than to ask what was going on.

Eventually you finished your quiz thanks to your detailed notes. You packed away your stuff and went into the living room in search of Josh. When you turned the corner, you found him standing in front of an elaborate blanket fort.

"Welcome to fort Kiszka, mama." Josh announced. "Would you like a tour?"

You just laughed and nodded your head. Josh then took your hand leading you inside.

"Over here we have the movie area." Up front Josh had thrown blankets over the tv. "We have a wide selection of films to choose from and I suspect you'll find something you love." Josh then turned around and crawled over to another section of the fort. "Then over here we have the snack section. We're currently out of stock but I believe another shipment is coming in shortly." It was then you realized why he took the chair from the kitchen. "And lastly we have the lounge." You couldn't help but laugh. Josh had taken all the pillows from your bed and set them up against the back of the couch, along with a pile of blankets.

"Josh this is wonderful. We haven't made a blanket fort since we were kids." You smiled.

"I know. And this time we don't have my mom here to yell a us for making us mess or Jake to come over and knock it down." Josh stated.

"Well you can't have a fort without snacks." You laughed dragging Josh back into the kitchen with you.

Josh grabbed some bottles of water and other snacks while you made popcorn. Once you had everything the two of you made your way back to the fort.

"Why don't you go pick out a movie?" Josh asked popping a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

You crawled up towards the tv and looked at the extensive collection of DVDs, most of being music documentaries. After a minute you grabbed a Beatles DVD and stuck it in the player. You laughed as the movie started and Josh began quoting it.

"How many times have you seen this?" You smiled, reaching your hand into the popcorn bowl.

"Honestly, I've lost count." Josh laughed.

You spent the rest of the day in the fort watching various music documentaries together. There was only a handful of popcorn left in the bowl and you could tell Josh was growing bored. You were laying with your head on Josh's chest watching some documentary about Jim Morrison when you felt a piece of popcorn land on your head. You didn't say anything. You just looked up to see Josh drop another piece on your face.

"Josh what are you doing?" You questioned.

"I'm getting tired of watching all these music documentaries. I want to watch a real movie now." He whined.

Laughing you sat up and turned to face him. "Well you could have just told me that. Why don't you go pick out a movie? I have to use the bathroom anyway." You crawled your way out of the fort and made your way down the hallway to the bathroom. When you returned you noticed Josh had picked the movie Forrest Gump and was waiting to press play.

"I know how much you love this movie. Plus, the music is incredible." Josh hit the play button and the white feather danced across the screen.

It wasn't even an hour into the movie when there was a bang and the fort came crashing down on top of you and Josh. The two of you were laughing to hard to say anything let alone breathe.

"W-what happened?" Josh managed to get out between laughs.

"Sorry, I think it was my fault. I must have knocked something loose when I crawled out to use the bathroom." You explained as Forrest Gump droned on in the background.

"That's okay. We can always rebuild it, love." Josh rest his forehead against yours. Even though it was dark you were still able to make out the wide smile on his face.

"Are you still bored?" You chuckled.

"Not anymore mama." Josh confessed planting a soft kiss on your lips.

"And to think this is just day one of fourteen." You smirked.