Cop Car (Sam Kiszka)

"Sam, where are we going?" You looked over at your boyfriend from the passenger seat.

"We've been in the car for 20 minutes, and you've asked three times, Y/N. I already told you it's a surprise." Sam laughed at your eagerness. He knew how much you hate surprises.

"Well, are we almost there, at least?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes. Another 10 minutes and we'll be there." You turned your head back towards the window. The sky was beginning to turn dark blue. It wouldn't be long until another sunset lit up the world around you.

You were so lost in your mind and the music coming from the radio that you didn't even notice Sam park and turn off the car.

"Alright, Y/N, we're here." He announced proudly.

"You brought me to an old building?" You questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Not old. Abandoned. It used to be a factory back in the 40s. But I didn't bring you here to admire it from the car." Sam unhooked his seatbelt and got out of the car. Hesitantly you followed behind him.

The windows were boarded up, and some bricks were missing. The property itself was overgrown with weeds signaling that the lot has been empty for at least a few years.

"Follow me. I want to show you something." Sam spoke, making his way towards the building. You followed behind closely and watched as he slipped between a gap in the window. You did the same, neither one of you even noticing the rusted 'No Trespassing' sign. Once you were both inside, Sam led you up a set of stairs.

You didn't know what to expect when you reached the top, but you were amazed at what you saw. The cement walls were covered in various paintings and poetry. There were also some canvases propped up against the wall. Slowly, you walked over, admiring each work of art.

"This is amazing. How did you find this place?" You turned around to see Sam smiling at you.

"We found it one day on the way to a show. We drove passed, and Josh insisted we stop. He almost made us late to our own show." Sam laughed as he walked over and wrapped his arm around you. "I have some paint in the car if you'd like to add something. I know how much you love art."

"That would be wonderful." You smiled.

Together you made your way to Sam's car and retrieved the paint and brushes from the trunk. Once you were back inside, you assessed what colors you had and how much space was available. After a few minutes of thinking, you got an idea and went to work. While you were painting, Sam decided to play some music on his phone. John Denver, in the background, really helped the artistic juices flow.

"It always amazed me how you can think of something and just draw it. No picture or anything." Sam walked over to you, admiring every brushstroke you made.

"I've been drawing since I was a kid. It just comes naturally to me." You smiled, remaining focused on your painting.

Suddenly the room was filled with flashing lights, startling both you and Sam.

"Shit! Cops!" Sam yelled over the sirens. "If we get arrested, your father is going to murder me."

You were able to hear movement down below, and you knew it was only a matter of seconds until the cops made their way upstairs.

"Well, let's not get arrested then." You dropped your paintbrush and grabbed Sam by the arm, pulling him up the stairs, which led to the roof. "This makes for a better story anyway." You yelled back at him.

"You're fucking crazy, Y/N." Sam laughed.

You paused for a minute once you were on the roof. You couldn't jump without both of you getting hurt. Quickly you scanned for an alternative exit, and your eyes lit up when you noticed a fire escape.