Chapter 2

I stepped away from my window and started to pack a few things and escape, following the smoke. I wasn't scared at all. I crept open my door and saw no one in the halls. I stepped outside and made my way to the walls that surrounded the facility. I didn't look back. I opened the old wooden door and stepped outside into the darkness. The moon was the only light that helped me find my way. I walked nonstop. It started to be cold and I questioned myself if it was a good idea.

I climbed up a cliff and saw fire that came from a deserted road. I decided to follow it. It led me to a destroyed car embraced by fire. The fire died and let place to a destroyed black car. I walked to the car; I was shivering but the car was still warm and spend me some warms. I examined the car and saw something green laid on the backseat of the car. I took the jacket. It was dark green and had yellow stripes on it. It was a bit windy and I started to shiver more so I decided to put the jacket on. It was comfortable and warm. I continued to walk down the road and headed for the mountains where I saw the smoking coming from.

After an hour walking, I found myself in front of a gorgeous trench. I walked between those two cliffs. The dark rocks under my boots and the water made it complicated for me to not fall from exhaustion. I continued to follow the path. I stopped walking and watched my surrounding. Figure appeared on the cliff and starred down at me.

I began to panic and turned to see more and more figures appeared. Then I stopped and looked the way I came from. I saw Nico on his horse coming for me.

Petrified. I didn't dare to move. I didn't do anything and let him come for me. I let him come. I closed my eyes and took every free breath I could take before I would be taken away. He stopped in front of me and got down from his horse. I opened my eyes and saw something yellow flying around. The figures threw yellow petal from the cliffs, it looked like confetti. Nico's horse went crazy and Nico struggled by holding him still. I snapped out of this sort of trans and turned the opposite way from Nico. I wanted answers I needed answers, it's not in the city that I'll find it. I had made a choice, I run. I sprinted to the opposite direction I didn't turn around. I didn't pay attention to the rocks and fell on the wet and painful ground.

My vision became blurry, I must have hit a rock with my head. I could barely move when pain flooded my body. An inch away from me where little yellow flowers. It took everything I had to grab one, I didn't want to forget the outside world, and put it in my pocket. I herd a horse approaching me and knew there was no way I could escape him. He grabbed me by the throat, and I struggled breathing. He lifts me up and I stood in front of him, his hand on my throat, the only thing that held me up. My vision blurred again. I thought he will kill me, right now, right here, in this moment. I didn't protest. I didn't fight back. I was weak and didn't have in of energy to move. He now held me by the shoulders and put me on his horse. After a wile I blacked out.