Chapter 8

I took the steps and got to the first floor to find my friend, but he wasn't there. He wasn't in his room, or the streets, or the strange place that the nightmare showed me.

I had to think, I just knew I would not live this place without him.

Then I walked towards the forest, it was still on fire. Something tolled me I had to go in the forest, but flames would eat me alive, but still something called, and I didn't know it was or why.

Then I knew it. My friend was in there. I saw I tiny figure in front of ruins, our treehouse. I wanted to join him but couldn't cause I would have been burned alive.

I screamed as loud as I could so he would hear me, but he didn't.

I wondered how he could be alive in those flames or not even flinch when ever a flame came near him. I observed him and continued screaming.

Then he turned around and he was like in my nightmare. Black clothes, red beanie, hands and neck black as the nothingness in space.

He wasn't alone, beside him stood Nico.

It was hot from the flames, but I felt cold whenever I watched in Nico's eyes. I was trembling for fear for my friend. I just wanted him to escape and come with me, but he wasn't scared, and this scared me the most.

I couldn't recognize him.

So, I decided to go, I used a branch and tried to step trough the fire without getting burned. I joined them.

I arrived beside Nico. I focused on my feet I couldn't stand his gaze know.

I was tired, I didn't want to fight. I just listened. He talked about my childhood, memories with my friend.

But then he tolled me something that changes everything, I suddenly felt something heavy, like my world is crashing down and is only hold together by my shoulders who can barely support this weight.

Everything turned blurry, I lost balance when the forest started to spin around me.