Chapter 11

What a nightmare.

I am in the Banditø convoy, we are on the way to get the other citizens and save some of them who are injured because of the ruins. Two days ago, we attacked Dema, we prisoned Nico and the Niners at the Banditø camp. We had to explode the nine towers to take over Dema, some citizens where in the way and wouldn't go out of curiosity. Yesterday we brought all the not injured citizens to the camp with 8 convoys and build a few nurse tents near the ruins of Dema. Today we are going to transport the stable people and recue the rest of the citizens.

We won but not everyone got out.

Josh: Sleep well?

Tyler: No

Josh: Same nightmare?

Tyler: Yes

Josh: We'll talk about it later, we arrived

He parked the convoy and we walk to the tents.

Josh is my best friend, he's also the leader of the camp. He wanted me to become the co-leader since the camp is growing but I didn't accept. I don't feel capable to have such big responsibilities. He then asked Debbie, his girlfriend. But I'm always at his side, I don't know why but since he rescued me again, he's protecting me and doesn't let me out of his sigh. I don't mind.

We arrived at the tents, Josh talks to the nurse and I search for other citizens to place them in the convoy. When the group was settled in, I go join josh.

The convoy was parked between the ruins and tents, I was nearly by the tents when something caught my attention. I hear a little voice coming from those debris. I go toward it, I suppose I was in main office room, because they where scattered documents. The room wasn't that damaged. The walls are grey and have a few holes due to the explosions, the door is exploded in half. The rest of the room was okay, the desk has no trace of the battle surprisingly positioned in the middle of the room. A few metal boxes where next to the wall. I don't know why but I have a feeling that the desk would tell me something important. There is under the desk another metal box. Curious, I open the box and see a file with my name. Why is it in an empty box? They probably had a file of me escaping multiple times from Dema, but I wasn't the only one, so, why is it in an empty box? I take the file, and something was underneath it. There was a blade. I examine it a bit and see my initials graved in the metal.

*Knock* *Knock*

Josh knocked on the wooden door.

- Yeah... yeah just a minute.

- okay... you found something? Josh asked concerned for his friend.

- yeah actually... I found a file with my name and a blade with my initials

- you sure it's your initials?

- yeah, I think so.

I go toward Josh with the file in one hand and the blade in the other. I'm just an inch away from Josh. He seems nervous almost scared. His gaze fell towards the blade. I follow his gaze and as I do so I see something like black ink coming from my arm and cover my hand. I start to panic like Josh, but my hand grasped the blade even harder. The Blade did a hole in Josh's jacket and turned red in a blink of an eye. I stabbed Josh. My hand wasn't black anymore but was covered in blood.

- Did you hear what I said?

- What?

Josh was still where he was, and I was still behind the desk. Nothing of this happened.

- I said the nurse tolled me 10 of her patients are ready to go, some Banditos help them go in the convoy. 'You alright?

- Yeah... Yeah, I'm coming.

- Did you find something?

I am afraid that this scene will be true, I check my hand. It's not turning black, thank god, I'm not going to kill my best friend.

- No ... no it's nothing, I show you in convoy if you want

- Sure, I check if we can go, you coming?

- Yeah, I'm coming in a minute

- Okay don't take to much time

- Yes

When Josh was out of the room, I took my bag and put the file with the blade in it. With a last glance in this room, I covered the entry with the wooden door and join Josh, with the bag on my back.