Chapter 16

During the walk no one talked, but when we arrived at the entrance of trench I said:

Tyler: It was me

Josh: What?

Tyler: I destroyed the Bandito's

Josh: Why do you say that?

Tyler: He told me, he told me that...

Josh: What did he say?

Tyler: I'm a monster...

Josh: Tyler, what did he say?

Tyler: You know that nightmare I do?

Josh: The one with Blurry, yeah...

Tyler: It's not a nightmare but a memory.

Josh: Wait, what?

Tyler: And when I wake up, that's when Blurry takes control over me. He killed the rest of the Bandito's back at the camp. The Bandito who found me brough me back and I... I killes them all.

Josh: Ty, that wasn't you

Tyler: It was me, Blurryface, he is me, I'm him... and... and I

Tears threatened to spill out, but I blinked them away and continued, tacking a deep breath.

Tyler: I... I killed the Bandito who brought me to the camp. That Bandito was my Father. Josh, I killed my father! I'm to dangerous I can't control him he... he took my family what if he does it again?

Josh stops and looks at me holding me by my shoulders.

Josh: Tyler, you're not dangerous. You wouldn't hurt a fly. You're a Bandito, you are one of us. You're not a monster, or a demon. Nico is lying to you. Why should your father give you to Dema? It doesn't make sense.

Tyler: I don't know, I don't know what to think or to do.

Josh: You know it Ty. Nico is manipulating yo- us, my mother wasn't killed by a vulture.

Tyler: Why are you so sure?

Josh: My dad had a diary, he wrote every day since my birth, He wrote that my mom dyed at my birth.

Tyler: I'm sorry Josh.

Josh: Don't worry it's okay. I had to play so that Nico though he could manipulate me. We could use that to our advantage.

Tyler: Wow I'm taking back everything I said against you being a leader.

Josh: You said something against my leadership?

Tyler: No?

Josh: Sure

Tyler: oh no, I forgot to ask him something

Josh: What?

Tyler: Don't you think it's weird that they are in those cells without trying to escape, I mean they are supposed to be powerful?

Josh: I think they're just weakened from the battle

Tyler: Yeah?

Josh: Also, we don't give them something to eat.

Tyler: What?

Josh: They didn't aske for any, and we have barely enough for our camp. They should be dead by now for everything they did.

Tyler: You're probably right

Josh: I am, and for your question, you can ask them tomorrow if you want.

Tyler: Tomorrow? Josh you can't leave the camp again for a whole day.

Josh: I'm not leaving them. I talked with the nurse this morning before leaving and she said that everyone was ready to leave. The kids and the oldest are taking the convoy and the others will walk. You're going to take the first convoy with Jordan.

Josh: Really?

Josh: It's time to expand and settle down somewhere safe.

Tyler: Why do I have to take a convoy? I could walk with you and the other.

Josh: You're not walking, you take the first convoy with Jordan. You should sleep more, and you'll be there before us, so you have all the time you need to question Nico.

Tyler: I can't be near him alone Josh. Not after what happened.

Josh: I know but when I'm with you I don't know if he will tell you everything.

Tyler: You think?

Josh: I know so.

Tyler: Okay but you will come when you arrive, and does it bother Jordan?

Josh: Yes, don't worry and you forget that I'm the leader here.

Tyler: Alright

Josh: Don't be afraid okay? You've got me, the Banditos. We are going to protect you, at all cost. And you have Jason, he didn't leave your side since yesterday, could be me

Tyler: Thanks

After walking 20 minutes we finally arrived at the camp. I go to my tent and get all the papers that are sticks on the tent and out them in my bag, with my pen and my notebook. I still have that file and the dagger. I put the file in the bag and the dagger under my pillow, you never know what could happen. Then I slipped under my covers and tried to sleep.