chapter 4

I knocked on the door, my best friend opened it and I tolled him we needed to hurry, our treehouse was on fire. We both rushed to the forest; to the fire. We where finally there and all the citizen stood before we didn't saw a thing. We elbowed our way to the front. As we finally stood in front of our treehouse, I took my jacket and hit the fire with. We continued until our jackets where ruined, but the fire couldn't get switched off. When the treehouse crashed in ashes and so did I. I fell to my knees and just cried in hope that the loose of my treehouse will go away. It wasn't just a treehouse; it was my childhood my-omg my songs and poetry where in there-oh no. My thoughts, my codes my, my texts, my diary. I stopped abruptly crying, I was pathetic and wanted my revanche. I knew the bishops did that so I tolled my best friend who kneeled beside me that I will leave the city for good. He tolled me he wanted to come with me, that nothing will hold him back. We'll meet at midnight, in front of the gate.

With sorrow, I stood up and made my way to my room, so did my best friend. I put all my stuff in my backpack, I opened my dresser to take an extra blanket as something green caught my eye. My green jacket was hanging there between my grey sweaters, I didn't hesitate and put it on. It was warm and familiar.

I passed by the ritual room taking a shorter rout then last time, taking one step after another with care to not get caught. The room suddenly filled with torches and people wearing green jacket. I backed away but stopped as I turned and that they already surrounded me. Someone laid his hand on my shoulder and I jumped not knowing who it was. I turned again and saw my best friend. Everyone gathered in front of me and leaded us out of the city. We walked through a tunnel, then they gave us a torch. After an hour of hiking we split in two groups, one on each cliff. We continued to walk when my friend pushed me on the ground behind a rock. Between the two cliffs was Nico on his horse, he waited for us. I stared at him so did he. Why wouldn't he let us leave? My friend dragged me back on my feet and we followed the group. The sun started to rise, and we all threw our torches into a nearby lake. I saw a thin black line of smoke in the sky, the same smoke I tried to follow last time. The thin line became quickly bigger and, in a few minutes, I stood in front of their home. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere that my future wasn't held in four grey walls.