Chapter 5

They called them selves Banditos. They didn't attack to harm us, they wanted to save us from this facility. They didn't explain much, just that they weren't bad, wanted to help us and we could live with them. We arrived in a camp, there where big tents surrounding little ones. Everyone dressed in the same colours and gathered around the fire. A sudden feeling of sadness immerged as I saw my treehouse in flames instead of the campfire. The crowd of people reminded me of the citizens, feeling the panic rising inside I snapped out of this awful memory and looked for something familiar, more specifically my best friend who was nowhere to be seen. I looked over to the entry of the camp and found him standing there not moving at all, I thought he was scared not knowing who they where, but when I called him, he didn't react. He was like petrified, no sign of emotion in his face. It scared me, I was worried for him, so I came closer and thought. Maybe he was having a daydream like I had minutes ago, or even a nightmare. I wanted to help him, the only thing I could do was putting some yellow tape on his shoulders like they did to me. I placed it gently not daring to disturb him in his trans. He snapped his head towards me and backed away as if I was trying to kill him. He turned around and started to run will getting the yellow strips away from his grey jacket.

Why was he running away? Did I do something wrong? I sprinted after him and called after him, but he didn't stop. I begged him to stop, to explain, to explain.

I heard more footsteps following me, probably a Bandito. I didn't care, I wanted to stop my friend. I wanted to hike down the cliff, but two strong arms grabbed me and pushed me back on the ground. We hide behind a rock, I was confused, I needed to get back my friend! Then he showed me a red hooded figure down the cliff. Nico.

In front of him stood my friend, he didn't move, didn't flinch he wasn't scared at all. He looked like me when I was in this position few days ago.

I couldn't abound him! He was my best friend for crying out loud! He would've done the same think for me! And it was because of me that he was where he was now. He was there when no one was! The Bandito took me back to the camp. I didn't understand, I was confused. Did he not see what just happened? How could he let Nico take him like that?

Everything happened like in slow motion, the people dancing and singing around the fire just made me sick. No one help him. No one saved him.