2.

Lilith's point of view

I trudged into school slowly, not even caring if I was late. Last night was awful, that Hunter guy attracts such a big crowd and people just wouldn't leave. It actually took until 1 AM to get everyone to get the hell out of the bar.

When I was finally allowed to leave, there had been an accident so I had to take a detour. It took me almost an hour to get home and I even had to sneak in. Apperently my parents decided to take the night off and then fall asleep on the couch.

"Why do you look like death?" Quinn frowned when I entered the classroom and dropped down on my seat. "But you smell like coconut." She said thoughtfully. "Magnificent."

"I look like death because I got home late from work." I answered. "I smell like coconut because even I have to shower."

"Well apparently that doesn't happen all too often." Ephraim waved his hand infront of his face as he took his seat.

"Great, you're still here." I rolled my eyes, the sarcasm clear in my voice. "That just means that God hasn't answered my prayers yet." I sighed and he gave me a dirty look. "What? A girl can hope."

"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." He waved me off as the teacher entered.

"Zip it, mr. Navaro." He stated and Ephraim rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. "Alright everyone, today we will discuss-" And that's all I heard before I zoned out, staring at the shoes of the person infront of me.

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

"Berry, there's a fight." Quinn stated when she reached me in the cafeteria. "Can we please go watch?"

"Fine." I shook my head at her in disapproval but went with her anyway. She tends to get over excited and there are people that don't appreciate it because she'd be blocking their view or something. I always go with her for her own safety.

Taking a hold of my hand, Quinn pushed through the crowd and stopped once we were at the front. Ephraim was standing in the middle of the circle, his face smug and his arms crossed. Infront of him were three guys from the football team, they looked angry.

I saw Vincenzo on the side and when he spotted me, he walked over and just stood next to me. He didn't say a word, he didn't look at me. All he did was stare right at his best friend, awaiting the next move.

His dark eyes focused and his arms crossed over his chest after pushing his brown hair back. The sunlight made him look more tan than he actually was from his Phillipino origin. "What happened?" Quinn asked and I turned to see who she was talking to.

"Simon is mad that his girlfriend called us hot." Dashiell replied while raising his shoulders. "The whole football team just stormed up to us and demanded an explanation."

"Like it's his fault this random girl thinks he's hot." Quinn shook her head. I looked at Ephraim, frowned at the fact that he was so relaxed. The whole football team was ready to fight him over this dumb âss reason.

"Awh, is the little bad boy scared?" Simon cooed like he spoke to a little kid. "Didn't daddy teach you how to be tough?" He smirked and Ephraim clenched his fist. I don't think anyone except me noticed but Simon hit a sensitive spot. It was easy for me to see that Ephraim doesn't like talking about his father.

"Why don't you come and find out?" He replied, clasping his hands together behind his back. Simon shrugged off his jacket before storming towards Ephraim, who just side stepped him. "You just need to be a little faster than that." He taunted, ducking swiftly to avoid a punch.

"What's he doing?" Quinn frowned. I mean, he's not attacking so I do get her confusion. "Why isn't he just beating the crap out of the whole football team?"

"He's tiring them out because he loves games." Vincenzo answered as he brushed his brown hair from his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Quinn questioned. "This isn't a fight."

"It means he loves games." Dash explained. "He love a good chase or to get in someone's head. He's calculated and calm, he's a person who laughs at reckless and impulsive people."

"Are you two done now? I'd like to eat before classes start." Ephraim asked, looking bored out of his mind. Simon glared at him as the rest of the team started to back him up. "Awh, little Simon needs his team to beat me. Well that doesn't seem fair now, does it?"

"Please, just stay here." Vincenzo said to me and I frowned confused. What's that supposed to mean?

"This just means my friends can get involved too." Ephraim smirked, making Dash and Vince step up and take their places on each side of him.

"Simon, little boy," Dashiell paused, "This situation has happened before and I know you might not remember because I gave you a concussion. So let me make this clear, it didn't end pretty for anyone in the football team."

"Dash, you need to shut your dumb mouth the fûck up." This other dude, Peter, spoke up and I raised my eyebrow at him. I get that he's mad and worked up but he has nothing to do with this fight.

"Don't call him dumb." Vince glared, not liking the fact that somebody's insulting his best friend.

"It's alright, he's just mad that I fûcked his girlfriend." Dash shrugged. "She wasn't even that good." He shook his head in disappointment. "Maybe a four out of ten." And that's all it took for Peter to lunge.

The football team held him back as Quinn watched anxiously, biting her nails. I rolled my eyes and took Kyona's hand, since she was next to me. "Hold her." I pulled Quinn towards her and then stepped into the circle.

"Alright, this was boring enough so let's stop it now." I stood before Ephraim, facing him with a raised eyebrow. "And yes, I know you told me to stay put but you know me." I said to Vince.

"Stay out of this, little girl." Simon smirked.

"You heard the man so bugger off, Peter." Dash chuckled.

"Just go." I shook my head, holding Ephraim's gaze. "Don't do this to your mother." I said softly, making sure only he could hear. He squinted his eyes at me, obviously confused why I would help him.

It wasn't really because of him, I just know what fights did to families. My brother used to get into fights all the time and my mother would get devastated. She used to say that every little cut and bruise on his body would be a cut into her heart, that she got physically hurt every time he got hurt.

"Fine." Ephraim rolled his eyes at me and then stalked off. The crowd parted like a red sea for him and he sauntered back inside like nothing happened at all.

"What did you say to him?" Dash asked, clearly astonished by the fact that I got his hotheaded best friend to back away from a fight. "He never lets go of something that easily."

"I just told him what I used to tell my brother if he tried to get into a fight." I shrugged. "Which is by the way also none of your business." I added. "And, I'm sorry for not listening to you but I wasn't just going to stand by and let this waste my lunch time."

"I understand, I just want to keep you safe." Vincenzo answered with a nod.

"See you around, boys." I pat both of their chests before turning and walking back into the school. I heard the patter of heels following me and I didn't have to look back to know that it was Quinn, who was probably tugging Kyona along.