8.

Lilith's point of view

I laughed at Evangeline's attempt to drag me along but stumbled with her anyway. We entered the living room and she sat down on the couch. I sat down on my knees infront her and squeezed her cheeks. "What's up, princess?"

"Lilith, will you please be my sister?" She pleaded and my eyebrows shot up.

"What do you mean, Evangeline?" I asked confused.

"I like you and I want a sister too." She explained. "I already have three brothers and a mother. I want a sister too."

"Don't you think you should talk to Ephraim about this?" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about anything. I want to have a big sister, just like the other girls in my class." She sniffled as a tear streamed down her cheek.

"Baby, how do you think Ephraim would feel if he heard you say this?" I pulled her onto my lap. She just shrugged and pouted. "I think he would feel sad if he heard you say this."

"I love my big brother but I can't talk to him about boys." She whined. "I can't go shopping with him either and mom's always busy."

"Sweetie, you're five years old." I chuckled. "You don't need to shopping yet and even if you want to, you can do that with Ephraim. I'm sure he'd be very upset if he heard all this."

"He is." Ephraim stepped in with a frown. Eva froze as he made his way towards us, sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry, Evie." She pouted. "I just want a sister."

"I'm sure you'll get a sister sometime." I comforted. "Evie's gotta get a girlfriend some day."

"Can't you just be Evie's girlfriend?" She whined. "I like you, you're sweet to me. You're also really pretty and you can cook and you're a queen-"

"Alright, baby." I cut in with a laugh as Ephraim scowled. "I don't have to date your brother to be your sister. Vince and Dash are your brothers and they're not dating Ephraim, I assume." She snorted at my words and I smiled.

"Will you please keep coming over?" She pleaded and I glanced at Ephraim.

"If your brother lets me." I shrugged and she turned to Ephraim.

"Fine with me." He raised his shoulders.

"Maybe you can come to my castle one day and meet my royal dogs." I tickled her softly and she giggled.

"You have dogs?" She beamed, her worries about a sister were long forgotten. "Do you want to have a movie night? Just you and me?" She twiddled with her fingers and avoided Ephraim's gaze.

"Of course." I said softly. "We can watch movies in your room and eat popcorn. But you'll have to be in your pajamas, incase you fall asleep." She nodded excitedly and sprinted upstairs to her room.

"You that you can't sleep in her room, right?" Ephraim asked as he stood up. "Her bed is way too small for the both of you to sleep in. You can sleep in my bed again."

"Thanks." I nodded and got up from the floor as well. "Can I use your washing machine? I'll have to wear these pants again tomorrow so I want to freshen them up a bit."

"Knock yourself out." He waved me off as he went back to the kitchen. "You can just grab sweats from my closet." I grinned and walked up the stairs as well. I entered the that I came out from and opened the closet. After taking off my jeans, I changed my underwear. I always keep extra in my purse incase of a bloody accident.

I pulled up a pair of his sweats but they simply fell down again. "Ugh." I grunted and took some shorts instead, tying them tightly at the waist. I also grabbed the smallest shirt I could find, which was a white 'women are smarter' shirt. "Alright then." I chuckled and pulled it over my head. It was a little big but it just had to do. I took the hoodie and my jeans to the washing machine, starting up a program.