5.

Lilith's point of view

I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Ephraim could've been the one to save me. Or why Dash would call him Hunter. The only way I could know for sure if it was him, is by finding out if he has a tattoo on his right forearm. That shouldn't be that hard, we have PE next hour.

"Dâmn, girl." Shannon said when she saw me. "You like it rough, huh?" She smirked and I glared at her. "Just kidding." She raised her hands in surrender. "No seriously, what happened?"

"I bit my lip when I ate pizza." I shrugged as I changed into my shorts, shirt and a hoodie. The girls and I went out to the gym, most of them groaned when we saw the basketball court set up. I, on the other hand, grinned widely because I knew I was going to kick some âss today.

"Hunter, heads up!" Someone yelled and I glanced back over to Ephraim, only to see him catching a ball. I frowned when I saw that he was wearing a long sleeved shirt, so much for seeing that tattoo.

"I hope Hunter will take his shirt off." Brie nearly drooled as she watched the boys play ball. "Maybe Dash too." She added and Shannon nodded in agreement.

"Why does everyone call him Hunter?" I said confused, I've known him since we were like five years old and I'm pretty sure his name is Ephraim. "That's not his name."

"It's part of his name." Kyona answered. "Ephraim Hunter Actaeon Navaro. That's why people call him Hunter, I guess he just prefers that."

"Huh, weird." I said thoughtfully, I mean I don't go around and make people call me Celeste. Sure, Quinn calls me 'Berry' short for Beretta and I don't even want to know why. I jumped when the coach's whistle rang loudly through the gym. "Why do you guys know everything about him?"

"We're just observant." Kyona shrugged. "We know just as much about him as about Dash. Vince, not so much because he just keeps everything to himself." She pouted, obviously not pleased with the fact that Vincenzo is so mysterious.

"Ladies!" Coach shouted and we flinched, turning to him. "Do you have anything you want to share with the rest of the class?" He asked and everyone stared to us.

"Small or elderly dogs need sweaters for the cold weather." Brie blurted out and I glanced at her weirdly. "Dogs can see their own farts." She kept going and Dash bursted out in laughter.

"Alright, that's enough." Coach cut her off. "Everyone, shut up and stand in a line. I'll make teams and then y'all just start playing."

Once the teams were devided, we were appointed a court and then started playing. "I'll just sit here." This bratty girl, Jasmine, said as she sat down on one of the benches. "You go play with Vincenzo." She waved me off.

"Alright." I shrugged as her friend, Vivian, took a seat next to her. "Ephraim, give me the ball." I held my hand out.

"What did you call me?" He asked, stepping closer to me so he was towering over me.

"Your name?" I frowned at his behavior. "I'm not going to call you 'Hunter' if that's what you're aiming for."

"Don't call me Ephraim." He glowered and I chuckled.

"Why not?"

"I don't like it." He answered shortly.

"Well not everything happens the way you'd like it." I retorted.

"What would you know about that, little miss perfect?" He gave me a fake smile. "Your life is perfect. Your school life and family life."

"Nobody's life is perfect." I snapped because he brought up my private life.

"Oh yeah, that's right." He smirked. "Little miss perfect's brother ran away three years ago."

"Cierra tu puta boca." I snarled at him, stepping even closer. Our noses touched and my fists were balled tightly, ready for attack if I heard one more comment about my brother.

"Or what?" His smirk grew and my scowl deepend.

"Basketball or detention, mr. Navaro and ms. Morales." Coach stated. "No time for bickering and sexual tension." He added, making Dash and Quinn snort.

"I'm out." Ephraim's hands flew up in surrender as he stepped back. I glared at the coach and he just raised his eyebrow at me, like he was daring me to challenge him.

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

It was the last class of the day and I was absolutely exhausted. Ephraim was still staring at me with this weird expression and I hate it. "Will you knock it off?" I whispered harshly, glaring at him.

"No." He answered simply and continued to stare at me. His eyebrows were knitted together tightly and his arms were crossed over his chest. His grey eyes studied me closely and I could practically see the cogs turning in his head.

"What's your problem?" I frowned.

"Just wondering what you would look like with blue eyes." He shrugged and my eyes widened. "Maybe you should dye your hair." I squinted at him suspiciously but then waved it off because the bell rang.

I gathered my stuff and stormed out the door, practically sprinting to my car. I couldn't stand being around Ephraim and his burning gaze anymore. Backing out of the parking spot, I raced home and started my homework.

It was so much that it took almost two hours for me to finish. I quickly shoved in some dinner and then got dressed for work. After fixing my wig, I put my contacts in and went to the bar.

"Sergio!" I hollered, bursting into his office. "I'm here!" I said happily and he grinned at me. He handed me a stack of cash and I giggled, accepting the money.

"These are your tips from your previous shift." He smiled. "You and the hunter make great business. Horny women love him and horny men love you." He shrugged. "Now go out and make me some more money." He pushed my out the office and I laughed.

It only took an hour for me to realize how much I hated drunk men. Obviously I enjoyed the great tips but I didn't appreciate the sexual comments and attempts to take me home.

Then it took another three hours for the stupid men to finally leave. The fighters lingered around, most of them with a lady on their arm and some of them with a drink in their hand. The Hunter just disappeared into his dressing room, annoying me because I wanted to see what he looks like.

I walked past the dressingrooms and to the back door, freezing for a second when I remembered what happened. "Nah, that won't happen again." I shook my head, getting rid of the negative thoughts. I pushed the door open and stiffened when I saw the outlining of a man in the alley.

"You got my brother beaten up." He snarled lowly. "Now I'm here to do the same to you." He approached me and instantly punched me in the gut. "Filthy whôre."

"Well alright." I hit him back and kneed him in the stomach. I cringed when he punched me in the face and black spots blurred my vision. "God must really hate me." I let out a humorless laugh as I started to sway.

"Get the fûck off her!" A deep voice yelled right before I went to the ground.