23.

Lilith's point of view

The next morning, I woke up once again with Ephraim's weight ontop of me. I sighed, deciding to let him be for a while because my clock said 8 AM. My body was so used to waking up early, it still did it even if I didn't have anywhere I needed to be.

I looked down and saw that Ephraim was hugging my waist while his head was tucked under my chin. I squinted my eyes when I noticed he was sort of laying on my boobs but I didn't really care. I ran my fingers throught his hair, enjoying the soft feeling against my skin.

My thoughts wandered off but they got stuck when I came to the male that was laying on my chest. I honestly don't know what was going on between us and I couldn't seem to figure it out. There were moments where we were yelling at each other and then there are moments like these.

The both of us calm and content in each other's presence. My fingers playing around with his hair gently. Sometimes he made me feel like I was finally important to someone and other times he made me want to rip all of his gorgeous hair from his head.

I pondered over the small moments we shared like at the fair or him comforting me because Jeremiah was back out of nowhere. I don't know why but that made me think about Quinn and how she fit into this whole mess.

I never would've suspected that she'd have a crush on the bad boy of the school. I thought she was into this guy on the lacrosse team, I think his name's Darren. I'm not really sure though but I saw her texting with him a lot and he stares at her all the time.

Thinking about staring, made me think about Quinn staring at Ephraim. It kind of made sense because most of the time during class she's looking my way. I always smiled at her, I thought she was grinning at me but she could be staring at him dreamily.

That whole train of thoughts brought me back to something Vincenzo was saying last night. He was talking about Quinn looking at Evie a lot but he was busy looking at something else. Then Dash threw something at him, probably to shut him up, so we never got to hear what Ephraim is so busy staring at.

To be completely honest, I was curious about the thing he was looking at. Dash was obviously lying about Ephraim being too busy with other things to notice because he is aware of everything around his. At times, it was absolutely terrifying and sometimes it comes in pretty handy.

This one time Ephraim pulled me away from a door and when I frowned at him, the door slammed open. He if didn't tug my arm, I probably would've had a broken nose. I think it has something to do with the whole 'playing mind games' thing he does during fights as well.

I'm glad he cut down on the fighting because I'm sure Clara doesn't like seeing her son bruised up. Which brought me back to the most recent fight he participated in. Dash said that Jared pissed Ephraim off but I couldn't understand why.

Ephraim doesn't just get pissed off, I know that for sure. In every fight I've seen, he's calm and calculated, almost like he plans every move whilst anticipating his opponent's. He doesn't like surprises because he can't predict what's going to happen.

He didn't see the question about his father coming last night. I know that I shouldn't have asked but I couldn't help myself. I was just glad he didn't go mad crazy and stormed out of my house. I noted to myself that running my fingers through his hair kept him a bit calmer.

I also surprised him last night by flipping us over. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what could've happened if Brie didn't snore that loudly. I'm pretty sure that he was leaning in with a purpose. I could see something change in his eyes when he licked his lips.

It wasn't the first time that something like that happened either. The small moment we had on the bed, the morning after we went on the fair. I had just shrugged it off as the whole morning wood thing, thinking it just made him a little horny and I was an easy prey.