27.

Ephraim's point of view

I was absolutely fuming when I found out that Zach was after Lilith. Obviously it wasn't her fault that she's drop dead gorgeous but that doesn't mean I can't get upset. I know Zach, he won't stop until he gets what he wants and the fact that he wants my girl, just doesn't sit well with me.

Lilith is mine, all of her and no one is going to take her away from me. I realized a few days ago that I'm fûcking head over heels for her. The moment my lips touched hers, I knew she was the one. It doesn't even matter that it was only a tiny peck.

I should've kissed her a long time ago but we just kept getting interrupted. This girl had me trapped in her maze and I wasn't even trying to get out. Subconsciously I leaned to kiss her forehead and she grinned. "You are so beautiful." I whispered and she smiled.

I just stared at her, not actually hearing whatever it was that she was saying. I shook my head in shock when she suddenly jumped up and walked after Vince. She called out his name multiple times but he ignored her.

My mouth dropped when Vince pounced on this guy that entered and I jumped up. Dash quickly handed Carson to Dana and then we ran over to the fight. Camden followed us as well and pulled Lilith away.

Vince was straddling the blonde guy as he kept punching him over and over. I don't think I've ever seen him so violent and so full of raw emotions. "Who is that guy?" Dash asked, neither of us daring to interfere as Camden pushed his sister into my arms.

"It's Zayn." Lilith answered, turning to me. "Just- Just get him off and I'll explain everything." She begged, glancing at Dash and he nodded.

"Let's get him." I sighed and we both grabbed one of Vincenzo's arms. We pulled him off this Zayn guy and dragged him outside. The second we let go of him, he just dropped down on a bench and took his head in his hands.

"Vince!" I heard Lilith call and he stood up. Only a second later, Lilith ran outside and crashed into his arms. I frowned at the way they held each other tightly but then tried to snap out of it, neither of them would do that to me.

"Okay, who the fûck is this Zayn guy?" Dash exclaimed, causing my best friend and girlfriend to pull away from each other. "No one's ever been allowed to touch you for that long!" Dash pointed to Vince.

"Zayn is my ex." Lilith said quietly as Vincenzo rubbed her back. "We were together for almost a year until he cheated. Vince just happened to be at the same party and beat the crap out of him before coming to comfort me."

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." I frowned confused.

"We kept it a secret for most of the time." She answered, moving over to me to cuddle into my side. "I found him fûcking someone else and he kept bothering me afterwards. Until I got a restraining order." She sighed and Dash snorted as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Then what the fûck is he doing at the wedding?" Vince scowled, his fists clenching and his dark eyes burning with rage.

"He's our neighbor." Dana sighed, joining us by the bench.

"Dana, I'm so sorry about the fight." Vince said immediately. "I just lost control of my anger and just attacked him. I just couldn't stop picturing how heartbroken Lilith looked when she found out what he did to her."

"Vin, it's alright." Dana assured, rubbing her hand on his shoulder. "We just didn't know what happened."

"Lilith." Another voice cut in and Lilith stiffened in my hold. "Can we please talk?" Zayn walked over, his eye blue and swollen and his lip cut.

"I don't have anything to say to you." Lilith replied and tightened her hold on my waist.

"You cold, baby?" I asked softly because she shivered. She nodded and I took off my jacket, putting it around her shoulders. I pecked her forehead and she smiled up at me.

"Just a talk, that's all I'm asking and then I'll leave." The guy offered and she sighed. "I just want to tell you how I feel."

"Fine but when we're done, you get the hell out of here." She scowled. "They're staying here and we'll go over there." She said, pointing to the small fountain about fifteen feet away from where we were standing.

"Lilith, you sure that's a good idea?" I asked, holding her hand in mine as the other held her chin.

"Yeah, Ephraim." She whispered. "He just needs to get the fûck out of here and if this is the way to do it, so be it." She said. "I will come back to you, if that's what you're worried about. I'll always come back to you."

"Okay." I nodded and she leaned up to kiss me gently.

"I'll be alright." Lilith said as untangled herself from my arms to followed Zayn to the fountain.

"Fücking dïckhead." Vincenzo muttered under his breath and I frowned. As I looked to the two ot them, it was clear they were arguing and the guys and I were ready to interfere.

It didn't take long for Lilith to come back to us, maybe about ten minutes. "You guys ready to go back inside?" She asked, taking my hand in hers.

"After you tell us what he wanted." Vince replied.

"He just wanted to tell me that he loves me and that he'd do anything to get me back." She shrugged and the usual scowl made its way onto my face. "Now can we go inside? I'm freezing."

"Yeah, sure." I nodded absentmindedly, walking beside her back to the venue. We sat back down and Lilith stared at the dancing couples. I couldn't shake the feeling Zayn's revelations gave me and it didn't feel nice.

"Ephraim, I came back and I'm still yours." Lilith's assuring voice pulled me from my thoughts. "I only want to grow with you." She smiled, pressing her lips against mine. I released a breath through my nose as I kissed her back deeply.

"Let's go dance." I grinned when a slow song was playing.

"I thought you wanted to hide it for now?" She frowned confused.

"Screw hiding, I want to dance with you." I pulled her up and to the dancefloor.

"Are you okay?" She laughed while wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm perfect." I answered, holding her waist. "I just realized that you can be snatched away from me at any moment and I want to enjoy every moment I have with you."

"Is this about Zayn?" She questioned.

"Maybe indirectly." I shrugged. "He just made me realize that I want to be with you and kiss you whenever I want. Without having to think about what people think about us. I only care about you and what you think."

"I only care about you too." She smiled, pulling me closer. "Just you and me."

"Just you and me." I repeated with a satisfied sigh as I kissed the top of her head.