6.

Lilith's point of view

A low groan escaped my lips as I used my hands to block the lights. My body felt heavy on the bed and my head was pounding. I opened my eyes slowly, holding my hand infront of my face to make sure I didn't go blind or anything.

I looked around the room and immediately noticed it wasn't a hospital room, making me shoot up. The blanket fell off me and I saw an oversized hoodie on my body instead of the clothes I was wearing before. My jaw ached and I felt a sore spot on my stomach.

My eyes moved from the window to a small desk in the corner of the room and then to a average sized closet. "Great, kidnapped. That's even worse than dead." I sighed, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

"More like saved but who cares about details." A familiar voice spoke up and my head snapped to the door. "Took you long enough to wake up." My mouth dropped open when Epraim stepped into the room. "Now please explain why you were at that bar." He held up my wig and aimed his sharp gaze at me.

"I work there." I answered simply. "What time is it?" I don't think my parents would be happy with me if I skipped school.

"Almost 3 PM." He said and my heart stopped, my mom's going to kill me.

"What were you doing at Sergio's bar?" I frowned at him, I never saw him there before and he doesn't come to my bar either.

"I go for the same reason that everyone else there does." Ephraim answered. "I go for the fights."

"Give me your arm." I held my hand and he squinted his eyes at me. "Just do it." I rolled my eyes and tugged him towards me. I pushed up his sleeve and my eyes widened when I saw the lion and rose tattoo. "You're him."

"I'm who?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"You're the guy that saved me a couple of nights ago, in the same alley behind the bar." I muttered, still staring at the tattoo infront of me. "You're Hunter."

"You're the girl that got attacked." He mumbled in realization. "That's where your split lip came from, you lied!" He exclaimed.

"What I supposed to do?!" I snapped back. "Was I supposed to say 'oh this, I just got attacked behind an underground fighting bar'? I'm not going to tell everyone that I work there."

"You're right, that wouldn't be smart." He nodded in defeat. "Come on, I'll get you something to eat." He walked towards the door and I darted after him, not caring that I was barefooted. I stared around me in awe, his house was so homey.

Every wall was decorated with pictures, drawings and medals. It wasn't a big house but that was fine, it felt a lot more like a home than my own house. "Hunter! I'm home!" A soft voice called throught the house as the front door opened.

"I'm in the kitchen, ma!" He yelled back as he started to make some toast. Only a few seconds later a woman stepped into the kitchen, her gaze immediately landing on me as I sat at the counter.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you here to get my son in more trouble?"

"Relax, ma." Ephraim chuckled but he gave me a worried glance.

"It's alright." I stood up and held my hand out to her. "I'm Lilith Morales, nice to meet you." She shook my hand with an uncertain look on her face.

"Clara." She answered shortly. "Now what are you doing here?"

"Your son found me wandering around last night and offered me a place to stay." The lie rolled off my tongue before I could stop it. "We're classmates."