3.

Lilith's point of view

"Lilith, you are not going anywhere tonight!" My mother yelled as I stomped up the stairs. "Do you hear me young lady!?" She screamed and I paused on the stairs.

"Ma! I'm going to work, it's not like I'm going to this crazy party in the middle of the week!" I yelled back. "I'm not gonna live off the two of you for the rest of my life!"

"Girl, you bet!" She shouted. "You may go to work if your homework is done and your grades aren't suffering from it. I will not have my daughter be a housekeeper or something, you gotta make something out of yourself."

"Yes, ma!" I replied once more before trudging up to my room. These fights have become a regular thing if she was home. You see, both of my parents are doctors and it's not that great. They have terribly long shifts, they go out in the middle of the night because of an emergency and they're super strict.

My mother always pesters me about doing my homework. She's always making sure I do my best in school because she wants me to be like her. She doesn't want me to find a smart man with a good job so I can live from his money.

I mean it's great that she wants good things for me but she just sucks at expressing it because whenever she does, it turns into a screaming match. I love my mother, I really do. But there are just moments where I'm already in a bad mood and she only seems to make it worse.

She's always afraid that I'll be like my brother, I honestly think that she hates him from doing everything that he did. I don't understand why though, I still love him even after all that he's done to me. I still love him, even after how he made me feel. Even if a part of me wants to hate him.

Still, I don't understand why he did the things that he did but I'm sure he had a good reason for it. He would do anything for his family, especially for me. I just wish he didn't because he literally made my family, but mainly me, the talk of this town. It seemed like everyone had their own version of what happened.

I guess it was pretty interesting to hear what people had to say because I didn't have a clue what was going on either. I just know that his timing sucked because when he left, it all went to shît. My anxiety got bad and he was one of the few people that knew how to deal with it.

"Lilith Morales, you better be doing your homework!" My mother yelled and I sighed, wishing my dad was home. He just always made it easier, mostly because he knows how to deal with my mother's temper.

My dad is usually the one that gets us both to calm down, because I have my mother's anger issues, and to make up. Another thing that went kind of bad when my brother left, dad started work drown himself into his work. Sure it was great that he was helping people and saving lives but he was kinda forgetting about me.

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

Once I completely finished my homework and had some dinner, it was already nearing 7.15 PM, meaning I had to get ready for work. I put on a red tube top and a leather jacket before shoving on my heels. I put my contacts in and then stuffed my wig into my purse because I didn't want my mom to see it.

She always tells me to be proud of my curls and show off with them. Most of the time, I am showing them off, there's no lying about that.

I grabbed my keys and snuck out to the garage, feeling relieved to hear The Kardashians on the tv. I quickly drove to work and went to the ladies room to fix my wig. Once I was done, I went to greet Sergio.

"The Hunter is here again." He beamed at me and I giggled at his behavior. "This guy is great for business."

"I can't deny that, my tips are generous." I grinned. "I guess people just love the games that he plays with his oppnonent. I can't really see from my station but the crowd is just eating it up."

"I know and this is the third time this week, I'll be paying him some extra because business is booming!" He yelled happily. "Alright, it's almost time so you go to your station and make me some money."

"Yes, sir!" I saluted him before going out to my bar. I smiled when I saw the familiar black mop of hair already in the ring, hyping up the crowd. It was pretty clear to see that he loves the attention and the people chanting his name.

"Hey, pretty girl." This man came up to my station and I smiled at him. "Can you get me two beers?" He asked and I nodded. I quickly grabbed his order and I handed it to him. In exchange he gave me a twenty dollar bill. "Keep the change." He winked and I grinned.

"And now, for the finale fight of the night!" Sergio shouted into the mic and I cringed. He already has a mic so there's no need for him to yell. "The Hunter versus the tiger!" He yelled and the screaming of the crowd got louder, making me laugh.

I glanced at the hunter and saw his posture standing still and tense. Him hyping up the crowd like that was obviously just to make the people like him. Now he's gone into fighting mode and it seemed like nothing was going to distract him from winning his fight.

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

It was nearly 2 AM when Sergio finally got everyone to clear out. Only the fighters were left but they never bothered me so I made my way over to the exit. "Bye, Lil." Rocco, the bouncer, waved at me and I shot him a smile.

"Sergio, I'm leaving!" I hollered, poking my head into his office and he nodded his. "I'll see you again on my next shift and let me know when that Hunter is fighting again. He's one I might have to check out a little bit closer."

"Will do!" He shouted as I started to walk to the exit. Some of the fighter smiled at me and the other bartenders threw me a wave.

A grunt escaped my lips as I pushed open the heavy backdoor. I stepped outside and let the exit shut behind me. "Took you long enough." A deep voice said as a man stepped out behind the dumpster and I jumped in fear.

"Please, don't hurt me." I stepped back, trying to reopen the door. "I- I have money." I stuttered and he just smirked in the dim lighting.

"I've been waiting for this all night."