195

Soulmate AU where Lila keeps trying to fake soulmate connections.

In this AU, there are multiple kinds of soulmate indicators, and the more you share with your partner the stronger your connection will be. Lila, knowing this, decides that if she wants Adrien? The best way to get him is to fake being his soulmate!

She uses a single colored contact lens to fake heterochromia for the "eye swap." She spies on him constantly, so that whenever he gets an injury or has something written on his skin, she'll get a matching one, up to actually injuring herself to make it work. (She hides any injuries she has that he doesn't share.) When he starts humming, she "absentmindedly" joins him. She even makes up a soulmark and puts it on her right shoulder blade (on her back so it looks like she couldn't have done it herself); it's an altered version of the Gabriel company logo, redesigned to indicate the son instead of the father. Her soulmarks are impeccable. Inarguable. Unimpeachable, even.

What Lila doesn't know-what nobody knows-is that Adrien already knows who his soulmate is.

There's a seamstress ladybug hidden on his heel, a match for the swashbuckler pianist cat on Marinette's. Marinette is the only person outside Adrien's family who's ever known his mother's lullaby. Their eyes swapped during the gum incident, though both of them were too angry at each other to notice at the time and only realized hours later. Adrien gets an alarming number of fresh bruises every time Marinette uses the stairs, he's grown very used to the feeling of phantom needles stabbing into his fingers, and Marinette confirmed-in private-that the day she had to go to the hospital for stitches on a gash that randomly opened on her arm was the same day that Jean accidentally slashed open Adrien's arm with a defective fencing saber. Same arm. Same injury.

There's also the fact that, the first time Chat Noir got punched in the chest hard enough to break a rib, Ladybug immediately jerked over and began vomiting blood.

Marinette and Adrien have been openly dating for months now, but they're keeping their soulmate connection a secret for safety. After all, if someone finds out that harming Marinette directly transfers that harm to Adrien? Well, a baker's daughter is much easier to kidnap than an heir with a bodyguard, even if that baker's daughter is Ladybug.

Lila is thus very confused as to why Adrien keeps turning her down. How is he this attached to Dupain-Cheng that he's rejecting his actual, literal soulmate? Sure, she's faking, but he doesn't know that! Faking soulmarks is so ridiculous that it's basically unheard of, so there's no way he could be calling her bluff!

Meanwhile, Adrien and Marinette simply sit back, laugh, and enjoy watching Lila flail about trying to convince the exact wrong person of their destined connection.

~

i just love that they were able to recognize each other immediately

Chat Noir: *sees a badass chick in a leather catsuit and a motorcycle helmet booking it on a pink bike after a giant monster*

Chat Noir: THERE SHE IS THAT'S MY LADY!!!

Ladybug: *sees a dude in a fucking banana costume aggressively scootering towards the same monster she's chasing*

Ladybug: oh god that's my idiot isn't it