{8}

I decided I needed a fresh start. A real fresh start. Everything at school was insane just from one seemingly insignificant thing I'd done. But of course, if you sleep with someone and it gets out, you're labeled a slut, so in this age we'd have ten year old sluts.

The insults and the bullying and the stares I'd gotten became too overwhelming, I couldn't handle anything anymore. Sean had decided to ignore me, Skylar decided to torment me, and I prayed to God that I would last sophomore year. But I wasn't strong enough for that. I had to get out of that hell hole as soon as I could.

Since my parents decided to divorce, the easiest escape route from this town was to move in with my dad. The dad who left because I was so much of a fuck up that he couldn't even look at me, which I realized hadn't changed when I showed at his door with a bag full of clothes. I already planned it out with my mom, I told her that I wanted to rekindle a relationship with my dad but that sounded like bullshit coming out of my mouth, yet she believed it. She set up the school I'd be going to and everything, I'd stay with dad on the weekdays and drive back for the weekends to my mom and sister. Dani didn't exactly know how to react, she hated our dad the second she realized he walked out. She really didn't want me to go, but I couldn't take being in Ridgewood for one more second.

My dad couldn't really force me to leave, I was still his daughter and he couldn't upright abandon me in the hallway of apartments. It was awkward trying to explain, mostly just me talking while my dad avoided conversation. Even for dinner, he just laid a plate at the end of the table, which was the most acknowledgment towards me since I arrived. After dinner, I got ready for bed in the room my dad pointed towards. My relationship with my dad might be a whole a bummer from moving, but the fact that I could walk into a school without getting shoved or tormented, that feeling helped me breathe.

It was the first day of school and unlike everyone else that goes to school, I get excited. I got up extra early so that I wouldn't stress out as hard as I did on the first day of high school. I changed into some leggings, putting a pair of jean shorts over it, for my top I put on a black cropped hoodie, and left my hair in a messy, but cute bun. I stared at myself in the mirror, for some reason I looked 2010 and 2019 at the same time.

I go into the living room, glancing at my dad in the kitchen, and making sure I have everything I that need in my bag. I needed everything to be perfect. New neighborhood, new school, new me. I didn't have that many friends over at Ridgeway, so maybe I could have a lot of friends here; good friends and not fake people who just use you.

I check the time and it says 6:10. I lift my bag onto my shoulder. "Have a good day," my dad says so quietly I almost miss it. He use to say that anytime he caught me walk out of the house, but this time it sounds like he's holding it back, but old habits just die hard. I say bye to him and on my way out, I grab a blueberry muffin for my walk.

As I was walking to school, I was just thinking about how this new school can do good for me. I was just smiling at the thought of being a whole new, but still be me. Finally some relief, and not having to be mean or be too nice just to get on the good side of girls like Skylar.

The school started to get clearer and I could see the three floors of bricked walls, windows covered by posters, and the metal door to the entrance. I walked in through the main doors and go to the Office to get my ID and schedule. I had 6th period lunch. That wasn't all bad for me. I don't eat much anyway.

I look around the school finding all of my classes, so I know where I'm going. And when I get to my Geometry room, a boy catches my eye, repeatedly. He was really cute and was just sitting outside the room reading.

I turned away to go find my last class, but stopped when I heard someone. I turned around and the cute boy I was seemingly gawking at was just looking at me. His long-ish hair was covering his beautiful eyes.

"Hey." His voice was so...ughh. I loved it.

"Hi." He patted the ground and I sat next to him. "What's your name?" I really didn't know what else to ask.

"I dont really do names. I'm more of a...what you can say is a "Mysterious" type of person."

I just giggled. I don't know why, but I just did.

We ended up talking till the bell rang. Basic stuff like oh wow a new student? Why'd you move? How do you like this school? Blah blah blah.

"What do you have first period?" He pulled out his schedule. "I have Study Hall in the cafeteria."

"Same." He gave me his schedule and I saw we had almost every class together except for gym. He had health. It's too bad since I would've loved seeing him work out.

We walked into first period together and sat next to each other. My first day was going really well so far. I met someone who seems really nice and he looks really cute. I stopped my thoughts there, last time I met a cute guy who seemed interested in me, my life turned into hell.

By the time school was over, I started walking home when I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder. I turned to see it's the guy from this morning.

"Hey." He brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Hi guy who doesn't do names." I gave a small, soft smile.

"So what are you doing later?"

I actually couldn't believe that a guy as cute as him wanted to hang out with someone like me. Actually maybe I could, I'm pretty amazing. But hopefully this isn't going to be a repeat.