Prologue: Predator meets Prey

Predator
Saturday, 8:31 P.M

"I'm going to check out the rides on this section!" Hannah yelled to the group that was headed in opposite directions.

Innocent little rabbit has no idea what's to come, I thought as Hannah waved to the others goodbye. Turning to look at the opposite groups that had their backs turned, I followed closely behind Hannah.

"Mind if I join you?" I asked and she nodded in response. The walk was peaceful as we observed the abandoned park. Hannah made comments here and there of some of the rides while I stood alone with my thoughts.

Do it now! She's not as innocent as she seems! The thoughts were as clear as a voice. She slept with your girl! The voice was so loud that it drowned out the question that Hannah had asked.

She placed a hand on my shoulder and looked up at me with her brown eyes with a worried expression. "You okay? Do I need to go and-"

I brushed her off, "Yeah I'm fine." I avoided eye contact with her and stared at one of the rides. I slow smile spread across my face and I grabbed her hand. "Let's go over here!"

The boards of the building looked rotted and were in need of replacement. Vines were starting to take control of the building like nature always does. That is unless it was made to look like that. Hannah let go of my hand and she walked ahead. Trash littered the ground and it was hard not to step on it.

"The door is locked," she told me as she showed me the padlock. I surveyed the area before taking notice of an open window on the second floor.

I pointed to the window, "There! I'll boost you up, somehow, and then find something to throw down to me." Cupping my hands she stepped in and I pushed with all my might. "Hurry!"

"I'm trying!" She yelled back.

If I drop her then there's a chance she could spring her leg... Maybe even crack her head against the concert, I thought. I shook my head. Too risky.

The weight of her was gone as I saw that Hannah reached the window. She looked at me and called to me, "I'll be right back!"

With Hannah gone I pulled a pack of matches out. With a lit match in one hand, I smiled. Strike a match and set this building ablaze.