VII. Hello, 911?!

Sunday 12:15 A.M.

"Have you gotten a signal yet?" Carlie asked Miles, who was waving the phone around the car looking for a signal.

"Not since the last second you f*cking asked me, jeez you're worse than Zoey," he ranted. He let out a holler of joy nearly scarring Carlie in the process. "Stop the car! Stop the car!"

Carlie slammed into the brakes which caused Miles to drop the phone. He quickly picked it up and said, "Hello 911?! Yeah, I got a f*cking emergency. This guy and girl are trying to kill us and have already killed two people! We've locked the, away but we need you to come and get them!"

Carlie snatched the phone from him and said, "You know where Wilson's Appliance Store is? You take a left and go down St. Wilsons street before turning on a sketchy road called Turkey Drive. And no there are no turkeys."

"Why would you say that?!" Miles hissed and rolled his eyes.

"You continue to go down that road-" she said before the call hung up. She stared at the phone thinking it was the service until she realized that they had hung up. "They hung up on me."

Miles growled and took the phone from her. "I would have too if you said that too." He punched in the number again and tapped his foot against the floor, waiting.

"911 what's your em-"

"Yeah 911... you hung up on us last time. And I'll make it straight to the f*cking point. Do you know where Quinn's Wonders and Rides is? We will meet you guys there with the two murders. I've been outside in the dark with two murders killing our... friends and I just want to go home! Good day!" He hung up the call and Carlie looked at him impressed.

"Couldn't have said it better than myself," she told him as she quickly turned the car around. She shifted it into gear and sped back down the road to the abandoned amusement park.

--^--

Sunday, 12:34 A.M.

Carlie parked the car before jumping out. That's when she noticed it was eerily quiet. Miles glanced around before looking at her.

"Maybe they are still getting them. It was about a ten-minute walking distance," Miles said. He looked at the entrance hoping for any sign of help.

Carlie nodded. "I guess we'll just stay here until the police area. Should be here in just a few minutes."

"That is if they actually decided to come," he told her. He plopped himself on a wooden cart and sighed.

Carlie looked out into the distance before saying, "What if the killer is still out there? I mean like... I don't think its that easy, you know."

Miles thought for a moment before agreeing, "Yeah... I was thinking the same thing. They seemed like they were legitimately telling the truth."

Sirens drew near, echoing off the trees and it wasn't long before two police cars pulled in. Their police lights flashing brightly in the dark, the headlights shining on them. Two officers stepped out of each car and approached them. Their police vest had a small flashlight attached to see them.

"We heard a serial killer was loose," he told them as he approached them.

"Two actually. We also have them tied up. Our friends have them locked in a place. If you follow us we will lead you to them," Carlie told them as she motioned for them to follow.

The police looked at each other before following. "Seems you two kids got the dirty work done for us."

"We just want it to all be over with," Carlie replied and Miles nodded.

"That's why we are here."