Part 1

Victor POV

We entered the warehouse silently. In our hands were our guns. Our breaths were even and we were focused on capturing these men. The men we were tracking were evil. For months, this gang had been terrorizing the homeless by kidnapping women and young boys from the streets and forcing them into sex trafficking. 

My jaw tightened as I remembered Kaitlyn in her hospital bed. The teenager daughter of a fellow Academy agent had run away three weeks ago and had immediately been taken. Due to her father's training, she was able to escape to us. Her brown hair was knotted, and bruises marred her face and arms. I knew she had bruises that her filthy clothes covered. She no longer smiled or had a spark in her blue eyes. 

Nathan made a motion with his hand, and I nodded. Moving towards the room, I readied myself before stepping into the hallway. Nathan covered my back as we went deeper into the building. Behind me, I saw the others come in, blending with the shadows. 

Within a few minutes, we had cleared the warehouse, confused as to where these men had disappeared so quickly. I lowered my arms but kept my gun by my side. Frowning, I moved to where the others had congregated. 

Owen was talking while the others had surrounded him, listening. He was talking in his phone, and I heard the faint but familiar voice of Dr. Roberts. "There's no one here, Dr. Roberts."

I smirked. We've been a family for eight years, and we had finally made Owen use our first names. Unfortunately, he kept the practice of calling people by their last name with outsiders, even their mentor. 

Owen nodded at something the doctor had said and hung up. He turned towards us. His black clothes made him look dangerous. "Luke, Gabe, Nathan, look for signs of struggle. Silas, North, Kota, go check the perimeter. Sean and Victor with me. We need to look for clues as to where they could go. We-"

A scream interrupted Owen, making us all alert and bringing our guns up. More screams filled the building, and we ran. We ran towards the sound. When we came to a room the screams originated from, Owen looked at North who grimaced. Like a linebacker, he ran towards the door, breaking it to pieces. We immediately entered behind him, but once I looked at our surroundings, my stomach twisted. Something was obviously wrong.

No one was in the room but a small wooden crate. On top of the box was a walkie-talkie which still emitted screams of pain and fear. Suddenly the screams stopped, and the sound of heavy breathing was heard from the device. "Congratulations, you found us, but you were too late. Enjoy your prize."

As soon as he stopped speaking, mist appeared from the vents as the sound of accelerating beeping filled the room. Horror filled our eyes as we turned to get as far from the room. Before I could pass through the doorway, the beeping stopped, and my stomach dropped. A bang and a flash of horrible heat hit my back, sending me forward. The force slammed me against the wall, and pain filled my head as I slid down the wall. Prickling pain washed over me as the mist that was pushed into the room covered me.

As I careened towards consciousness, I thought, "I hope my brothers made it out."

Then darkness swallowed me. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My heart went into overdrive. Was I still in that same room? Is there another bomb? The beeping sound accelerated as my heart beat frantically tried to escape my chest. I tried to open my eyes but i couldn't. Sounds of yelling added to my confusion until i heard a voice that was familiar.

"Victor, calm down." The sound of Dr. Roberts' voice made me relax. "You're going to be okay, but you need to calm down."

I took several deep breaths before my heart returned to its normal rhythm. As I calmed down, I noticed several things. The distinct scent of the hospital filled the air, and the beeping was the heart monitor. But they didn't turn the lights on. 

I coughed, forcing myself to speak with my dry throat. "Why are the lights off?"

Dr. Roberts sucked in a breath. "You, too?"

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, and impatience and fear ran through me. "Me too? What happened?"

"What do you remember last?"

I concentrated on my last memory. I was praying that my brothers were able to make it out alive. I gasped. "There was a strange mist and a bomb. Is everyone alive? Are they okay?"

"They are all alive and awake." Dr. Roberts hesitated for a moment. "Victor, I have ask you. Can you see any light?"

I frowned. "No, i can't. The lights are off."

Dr. Roberts sighed heavily, and dread filled my limbs. "Victor, all of you have been effected by what happened. Tests have proven that the mist is a drug that affects the eyes."

"Dr. Roberts, what are you saying," I gulped.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but you and the others have gone blind."