Chapter 8

-3rd P.O.V.-
-Present Day-

In a forest of the Island of Patch, off the coast Vale. There was a young girl wearing a black and red outfit with a red hood over her head. As she walked a few steps, this young girl stopped and moved her hood down. This young girl had a fair-skin complexion with her eye's being silver and her black red tip hair flowing back as the wind softly blew on it. This young girl's name is Ruby Rose, the daughter of Summer Rose.

She had just gotten back from the city as Ruby fought against Roman Torchwick and his gang. Unfortunately, Roman got away and Ruby was taken by a Huntress named Glynda Goodwitch. She took her to meet Professor Ozpin, Summer had told Ruby about him on how he was a nice man. And Summer was right, that Ozpin accepted Ruby to join Beacon Academy. Ruby was so thrilled that the she was jumping in excitement, but she just wishes that she can tell Uncle Qrow.

-Timeskip-

Minutes had passed as Ruby finally made home, she could see the lights coming from inside the house. She smiled and ran to the door, right before Ruby could get her hand on the door handle. The door swung open and Ruby was pulled into a hug by her lovely big sister Yang.

"Ruby! We just heard! Were so proud of you!" She shouted as she jumped up and down with Ruby.

"Yaaaang! Let me go! It's not that big of a deal!" Ruby told her.

"Not a 'big deal'! Ruby you just got accepted into Beacon Academy! Of course it's a big deal!" Yang said to her as she hugged Ruby tighter. Yang is Ruby's half sister, so even though they have different mother's and look nothing like each other. They still love each other through good and bad.

But as Yang released Ruby from their hug, footsteps were coming their way. And so, both Ruby and Yang turned to see both of their mother's and father. Summer ran to Ruby as Raven Branwen and Taiyang Xiao Long walked up to Yang. Both Yang and Ruby are splitting images of their mother's, well except that she's shorty than her mother and Yang has bright golden blonde hair with her eye's being lilac.

"Were proud of you Ruby." Raven said to her.

"Thanks Raven." Ruby replied with small smile.

"Were proud of both you two." Tai said.

"Thanks dad!" Ruby and Yang said in usion. The adults smiled, but Ruby and Yang didn't have any smiles on their lips because there was one person who wasn't there with them.

"When's Uncle Qrow coming back?" Yang asked.

"Yeah mom! When is he coming back?" Ruby asked.

"Soon girls.... Soon." Summer replied with a frown.

"However, you two need to go and head to bed." Raven said to the two girls.

"Ugh!... Fine!" Yang said. Ruby and Yang both walked out of the living room headed upstairs where they started to change into their sleeping clothes. But one thought came to both Ruby and Yangs mind, 'Where's Uncle Qrow?'

-Summer's P.O.V.-

As I walked into the kitchen, I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and filled with water. I walked towards the kitchen table and sat down on one of the chairs, then looked towards the floor. 'I wonder what Y/N would say if was here now?', I thought to myself as I felt tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry Y/N." I whispered as I my eye's stared at a picture of him and my team. 'Qrow better get that guy who killed Y/N.' I thought to myself.

-3rd P.O.V.-

In the Kingdom of Mistral, standing on top of a roof of a building was Qrow Branwen. His cape blew back as the wind blew towards him, Qrow looked down at a buliding of apartments. And then Qrow stepped off the edge and fell off, but before he could reach the ground he switched into his bird form.