Chapter 14

-3rd P.O.V.-

After being subdued by the Winter Soldier, Ruby was taken hostage and was taken into the depths of the Emerald Forest by her captor. Her team was not fast enough to get her because of their encounter with the soldier before.

The Winter Soldier kept Ruby in front of him and forced her to keep running to put some distance between them and the Academy. But they stopped once the soldier noticed a nearby cave, he grabbed Ruby's shoulder and slowed her down. Then proceeded to throw her in in causing her to trip amongst rocky terrain. The soldier looked around his surroundings and went into the cave finding the young girl on the ground unresponsive. He kneeled down to help, but once he was close to her. Ruby grabbed a nearby rock and swung it towards her captor, but the soldier intercepted it and swiftly disarmed her. He turned Ruby on her back and forced her to look at him; she did and was completely frozen in place

Ruby stared at the eye's of the Winter Soldier and stiffed up even more as she saw him raise his arm over his head holding the rock that she tried to use on him. Ruby was at a disadvantage and closed her eye's shut as she braced for the impact of the rock. But it never came; then the Winter Soldier leaned close to Ruby's ear and whispered a few words that only she can hear.

"Don't...do...that...again." He whispered showing signs of restrain as Ruby can practically hear the anger in his voice.

So she listened and did not even try to move from her current position, knowing that she wasn't going to try an escape. The Winter Soldier stood up from the ground and slowly walked towards a pile of rocks. Ruby watched as she wondered what he was doing, seconds later her question was answered.

The soldier began to remove each rock from the pile, until he stopped and pulled out some type of sniper rifle. He then began to load a magazine into the rifle and then set it down on one of the rocks.

He turned his attention to Ruby and began to make his way over to her, but carefully this time. Not wanting to make the same mistake that happened just a few seconds ago, he grabbed both of her wrists using his bionic arm applying pressure to only hold her in place. So by holding Ruby wrists and keeping her still, the soldier dug into his back pocket and held out Ruby's scroll that he took from her.

"Hey! That's mine!" She exclaimed with a small pout forming on her face.

The soldier shot her a menacing stare and by doing this action, she remained quiet. But then Ruby got curious when she noticed the soldier typing something into her scroll. More than ten minutes later, the soldier showed Ruby what he type.

'I need you to make a phone call to your uncle. And I want you to be as specific as possible on our location, do this and I promise you. I will not hurt you or anybody in your family.... But if you double cross me, then I'll kill your entire family and your friends in front you.'

As Ruby read the entire text, she began to shake in fear and without even thinking about it she nodded her head in agreement.

The soldier smirked underneath his mask and then began to contact the Qrow. And as he waited, the soldiers plan was beginning to set in motion.

-Qrow's P.O.V.-

"What do you mean you can't find her?! Ruby has her scroll with her, can't you track it!" I demanded getting very close to Ozpin's face.

"I wish I could, but I never had the need to place trackers in each and ever scroll we give to the students." He explained.

"Then how are we supposed to find this guy! Summer and the rest of the girls are in the infirmary. What the hell the hell am I supposed to say!? That Ruby is lost and she can be anywhere in the forest with that maniac!" I shouted in frustration.