[2] shadowhunters and circle runes

"We have to find your father, not my father. Valentine's..." Rowena heard a rough voice say, as she ran through the dark tunnels and into the room she had been held captive in a few minutes ago. She came across three people she recognised as shadowhunters; a ginger girl, with tears glazing her green eyes, and a distressed look on her face, another was a blonde boy, being held up by the girl and the other person, an older man with a similar distressed look gracing his features and a blurry circle rune etched into his neck.

"His stele where is it?" The older man asked, reaching his hand in and out of the blonde boy's leather jacket pockets, rummaging through each one with a determined look on his face.

The girl, breathing heavily, took out what looked like a piece of card from the blonde boy's jacket and responded, "Back pocket!"

"Back pocket!" The older man repeated, then the blonde boy groaned in agony and Rowena could only watch in concern. She wondered exactly what they were trying to achieve and how they had gotten themselves into their current situation.

"What's wrong?" The girl cried; the sound of her shallow, sharp breaths echoed through the warehouse room.

"The rune is weak."

"Ravener venom must be spreading. We have to get him help. We... We closed the Portal." The girl said, frustratedly, still holding the blonde boy up with one arm.

"Valentine's got a standing Portal, but I'm not sure where it is, we co-" The older man spoke, looking around.

"I do." Rowena interjected, stopping their conversation and causing all three of them to whip their heads in her direction as she moved out from her spot in the shadows. "I passed it a few minutes ago when I was trying to find..." She trailed off. "I can show you where it is."

"Who are you?" The girl asked, moving her body in front of the blonde boy as if to protect him from her and resting her hand over where her stele lay in her pocket, her ginger hair flipping from side to side following the rest of her body.

"Rowena Cohen. I was one of Valentine's prisoners but I escaped when everyone tried to leave. I can help you, but you need to let me." She said, slowly walking towards them.

"You know where the portal is?" The older man asked and Rowena nodded, "Let's go, then." Rowena nodded again and turned to direct them towards the portal, before the three stopped. "Hey, Jace, stay with me. Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way out past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa. You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?"

"I'm ready to die." The blonde boy, Jace, quoted.

"And then I said, "Sometimes it's as brave to live as it is to die." Do you remember?" The older man said, looking straight into Jace's eyes.

"I do. It's true... It's you." Jace said, lulling his head, breathing raggedly and heavily as he clung onto the older man and the girl so as not to fall over.

"Let's go!" Rowena shouted, from the other side of the room. The three followed her through the tunnels until they came across a portal.

"I'm Clary, by the way." The girl, Clary, said, smiling at her. "Thank you for your help."

"It's no problem, Clary... It's what I live for."

---------------------

After heading through the portal and out again, they ended up at the Jade Wolf, a Chinese restaurant that Rowena knew as the headquarters for the New York werewolf pack. Rowena pushed open the door to let Clary and the older man, who she learnt was named Michael, through, carrying Jace, who was fluttering in and out of consciousness.

"We need help!" Clary yelled, dragging Jace through the restaurant.

"Clary, what happened?" A brown-haired boy asked as he rose from his seat, following a man Rowena was told by Clary, was called Luke.

"We though we found Valentine but he was already gone." Clary explained, as she and Michael set Jace down in a booth.

"Michael Wayland?" Luke questioned.

"Valentine took my mother with him, but we found Jace's father and Rowena, who helped us back here." Clary continued, Rowena giving a small smile when Luke and the other boy glanced at her.

"What? I thought Valentine killed Jace's father."

Michael sighed, "He tried. Hello, Lucien."

"This can't be. I thought I'd never see you again." Luke stammered, slipping up on his words due to the shock that was etched upon his face.

"I never thought I'd see anyone again." Michael said, a sigh escaping his lips as a frown made it's way onto his face.

Luke drew his attention away from Michael and towards Jace, who was gasping for breath and bleeding rapidly. "What happened?"

"Demon got him." Clary responded, her eyes filled with worry and concern as she moved them rapidly around Jace's body scanning his injuries properly. "He can't fight the poison. His runes are too weak and he needs blood, but we can't go back to the Institute... Simon. Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at Hotel DuMort. Could you call Raphael?" Clary got up and came face to face with the brown-haired boy, Simon, who looked extremely concerned but not for Jace. Meanwhile, Luke had gotten up and got a bowl of water for Jace.

"Calling won't work. We have to do this in person. My van is in the garage. You drive, I'll hide under a blanket to stay out of the sun, and... there's underground parking in the hotel." He explained, getting ready to go.

"Okay. Rowena could you come too, please? We might need some backup." Clary asked. Rowena, stunned by the quick exchanges nodded her head rapidly, her brown curls flopping from side to side. Clary then ran over to Jace and knelt down beside him.

"He's weaker. You gotta hurry." Michael said.

Clary looked into Jace's eyes with worry, "Jace, listen to me. I'm coming back. Please, just hang on. Please. Please." She said, kissing him on the head.

"Clary?" Jace breathed, tilting his head to the side to watch as Clary ran back over to Simon and Rowena.

"Simon, Rowena, let's go." She ushered, grabbing Simon's hand, Rowena following them to the back of the Jade Wolf.

"Come on." Simon said as the three of them ran out of the back entrance of the Jade Wolf towards the vampire's hideout, the Hotel DuMort.

A/N: Second chapter up! Hope you all enjoy it! <3

Luv u xxxx