[19] golden flames and pastel colours

After visiting Agra, Magnus portaled Simon and Rowena back to his apartment in New York. The three landed in his living room. Simon doubled over as soon as his feet hit the floor and looked like he was going to throw up.

"You alright there, Simon?" Rowena asked. Simon nodded, his eyes were clenched shut and he was holding on to the side of Magnus' couch for support. "Okay, well... I'm going to have to love you and leave you boys. Today was fun." She said before opening the balcony door, sprouting her wings and flying away. She flew back to her apartment, which wasn't too far from Magnus' and landed on her balcony. She unlocked her door and went inside.

Rowena went over to her bookshelves, after retracting her wings, and fished out the book Diana had given her. She looked through some of the parts about demon blood and then flipped to the front cover. She read the address and searched it up on Google. Once she found the right place she grabbed her phone, keys, purse and the book and flew away.

-------

Rowena flew for a few hours at least, she knew because the sun was coming up on the horizon, before landing in a deserted alley in Paris, France. She checked the address and walked in the direction Google Maps pointed her in. Once she got to the address; a large mansion on the outskirts of the city, she knocked on the door to find a young man around 18.

"Bonjour." The young man greeted, "How may I help you?" He asked in a thick French accent. Rowena looked over his appearance and saw the gills on the side of his neck, confirming her suspicions that he was indeed a warlock.

Rowena smiled, "I'm looking for Raymond Krause." She said. "I was told he lived here."

"Oui." The young man responded, opening the door to let Rowena step in. Once she entered, she saw a grand entrance hall decorated with beautiful paintings and artefacts, some that she recognised. All of the paintings hung on a wall painted pastel pink and white. The ceiling was decorated with a mural depicting the Greek god, Zeus. "I will get Master Krause." The young man told her.

"Thank you!" Rowena cried after the young man who scurried away. She was left in the room, looking at some of the paintings. He had a large collection and this was a large mansion, so Rowena presumed he had more than just what was in this room.

"Greetings!" Rowena heard behind her, she looked over to see a man in his early twenties walking down the golden spiral staircase. He was dressed in a pastel blue suit with a royal blue dickie bow. The man had bright blue eyes and his hair was golden, but as he moved closer, Rowena noticed that his hair wasn't hair at all but a flame. "My name is Raymond Krause, but you already knew that didn't you, my darling." He said, taking Rowena's hands in his and kissing her knuckles. "Now, what is your name, and how can I help you?"

Rowena cleared her throat. "I'm Rowena. Cohen. I read your book, back to front and side to side but I have questions." She said.

"Questions?" Krause asked. "Everything is outlined in there. It's a book full of facts. There is no reason why anyone would have questions. Anyway, you have no warlock mark... or no visible warlock mark, you are definitely not a vampire nor a werewolf or a Seelie. No runes, so you can't be a shadowhunter. What are you?" He asked.

Rowena saw a small coffee table in the drawing room next to the entrance hall and moved towards it, opening the book and laying it on the table. She found the correct page and out her finger on the diagram, "That." She said.

Krause looked at the diagram about the half-demon, half-angel that he was told about. "You can't be. It's a myth."

"But I am. My father is an angel, my mother is a demon. I was born in 2745 BC." She said, closing her eyes and sprouting her wings. Krause looked astonished. His eyes widened and the flame on his head burned brighter.

He gasped, "This is spectacular! I never knew you even existed, I had heard tales about you from many warlocks and vampires but I never thought you actually existed... I have a lot of questions!"

"Me first." Rowena said. Krause directed her to sit on the pastel pink couch and Rowena explained everything that had been happening to her. The outbursts of anger, the uncontrollable powers. Krause listened to every word that came out of her mouth.

Once Rowena had finished talking, Krause bit his nail and furrowed his eyebrows. He stood up and went over to the large bookshelf in the corner of the large drawing room. He hovered over a few books before landing on one and taking out. He flipped through it before finding the right page and putting the book on the table. He sat back down next to Rowena and read through the page, mumbling some of the words to himself. "I think that your demon powers are getting stronger... In the last few hundred years, demon numbers have increased and their powers are getting stronger, hence the need for Shadowhunters... This is causing your blood to become stronger too, your body is sensing the increase of power in Hell and is responding... Your powers are drawn by emotions, so the fact that you've made friends with these Shadowhunters – which by the way, is a terrible idea – is making you more; anxious, stressed, angry and scared, the emotions that have power over your demon side. The two together are giving more power to your demon side. The only reason you haven't been taken over by your demon blood is your angel blood but I don't know what'll happen if you continue using your demon powers like this."

Rowena sighed, "So, don't use the demon powers... That's what you're saying."

"I caution restraint." He responded. Rowena nodded.

"Thank you, Raymond." She said.

Raymond nodded, "Now for my questions."

---------------

After answering all of Raymond's questions and agreeing to him writing a book on her, Rowena left France and flew home with the book, some other notes Raymond had written and a suggestion of a potion she could take. She dropped her stuff off at her apartment and then went to the Institute, she needed to check on things there. Rowena got past security pretty quickly and went to find her friends.

"Look, Isabelle... Jace is the strongest person I know. We're gonna find him. I promise." Rowena heard Clary say, she rounded the corner to see the two girls. As soon as Clary laid eyes on Rowena, she practically rugby tackled her into a hug, "Roe!"

"Hey, Clary, Izzy. How are things here?" She said, "Sorry for not being here, I had stuff to deal with."

Clary released Rowena, who was immediately engulfed into a hug by Izzy, "No worries, it's okay, we get it, even four thousand year-old immortals have problems." Izzy said, breathing deeply.

Rowena sensed some very negative emotions in Izzy when she hugged her, "Hey, Izzy, what's going on, what's wrong?"

"It's a long story."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this part! I am loving writing this book and apparently you guys are liking reading it cause 1.3k reads! WTF! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Thank you guys so much for your continuous support!

Luv u xxxxxx