[22] blood magic and closure

Rowena and Simon reached Magnus' apartment and Simon had started to become a lot more nervous about finding Camille, even though Rowena had tried to calm him down.

Simon rapidly knocked on the door, "Magnus, you there? It's me." He said, before the door was opened and Simon bolted inside with Rowena on his tail. "Okay, time to put your money where your mouth is about helping me find Camille, cause Raph–" He stopped when he saw Raphael walking towards him, his chest was puffed and he had a long scar on his face, "Man, you are everywhere!"

"Aldertree did this to me because of you." Raphael stated, pointing his finger at the scar on his face.

"Yeah, well, you look like crap." Simon said, before pushing Raphael away from him, "Bring it on, Scarface!" He yelled.

Raphael lunged at Simon but Magnus intervened before either of them could hurt the other. "Hey, hey, hey, boys. Relax. Let's talk this out like civil Downworlders. Anyone for a martini? I'm having a double." He suggested, walking over to the bar.

"Yes please!" Rowena sighed, following her friend to his bar while the two vampires got out their anger.

Simon pointed his finger at Raphael, "You threatened my mother."

"And if you'd even lifted half a finger to find Camille–"

"Lifted half a finger? I portaled to freakin' India and had to face off with a cobra!" Simon said, taking out the box, "And all I got was this stupid box of hers!"

Raphael snatched the box out of Simon's hand, "This stupid box is sacred. You know why? It contains Camille's grave dirt."

Magnus and Rowena looked over to the two vampires while stirring their martinis, "Grave dirt? I thought maybe diamonds, or that gold ring she stole from Cleopatra's tomb." Magnus stated, walking closer to the vampires.

"So we're excited about a box of dirt. Anyone wanna clue me in?" Simon said sarcastically, causing Rowena to stifle a laugh. Magnus looked over at his friend and smiled knowingly.

Raphael looked over the box and back at Simon, "You have a vampire's grave dirt, you can use it to summon them."

"Great. Except, not that it means anything, but that thing's harder to open than the Lost Ark." Simon joked. Raphael grabbed the knife like object in Magnus' martini and scratched Simon's hand with it, causing him to bleed. "Ouch! What the hell?"

"To open the box, you need Camille's blood. And since she's your sire..." Raphael explained. He held Simon's hand over the box, the blood from his cut started dripping onto the box and it opened.

"Okay. Now what?"

-------------------------

"Raph?" Rowena asked, standing behind Raphael as he buttoned up his shirt, "You okay?"

Raphael sighed, "No. But I can't wait until she's arrested by the Clave and out of my life for good." He stated, buttoning the top button and grabbing his jacket.

"You'll take over, right? Be top dog of the clan." Rowena asked. Raphael nodded and left the room. Rowena followed him, she'd never seen him this nervous, at least she thought he was nervous. Raphael never really showed his emotions, he was hard to read.

"So, ready to do this?" Raphael asked as he walked into Magnus' main room, Rowena following him with concern written all over her face.

Magnus put his stuff down on the table, "Almost." He said, handing Raphael a piece of paper and motioning to the two vampires, "I need you two to go to this address. My friend Catarina has some ingredients I need for extra fortification."

"I thought the trap for Camille was finished." Raphael asked.

"Yeah, I figured you'd have something to hold to Hannibal Lecter and a few of his friends." Simon joked.

Magnus looked between the two vampires, "Don't underestimate Camille's strength."

Rowena nodded, "Yeah, she can be scary and dangerous if she wants to be."

"Off to Catarina." Simon said, knowingly nodding. The two vampires swiftly left the apartment leaving Rowena and Magnus.

Rowena followed the two vampires with her eyes, then looked back at Magnus who was holding Camille's box, "Woah, Mag, what are you doing? I thought the trap wasn't fortified enough?"

"Trust me." He said, he grabbed some ashes and threw them on the ground, causing Camille to appear.

Camille looked disgusted at Magnus and Rowena, "What the hell?" She angrily questioned.

"It's only us." Magnus said.

Camille frowned at Magnus and did a silly wave at Rowena, who crossed her arms in frustration and looked away, "Magnus, Rowena."

Magnus turned around, facing Rowena and grabbed something out of a bowl, "I'm so sorry," He whispered before throwing it on the floor, causing a cage to appear around her.

"Magnus, let me out of here!" Camille shouted. "Rowena, come on! Don't tell me you're doing the Clave's bidding because of your silly infatuation with that boy toy Shadowhunter."

Magnus paced around the cage, pointing at Camille with a stern look on his face when Alec's name came up, "Leave Alec out of this. This is between you and me."

"The same you and me who crashed Queen Victoria's coronation glamoured as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?" She questioned, "And if that's true, what is Rowena doing here?"

"Backup." Rowena said, grabbing her martini and sitting down on Magnus' couch. "Unpaid backup. But watching you trapped and suffering is definitely worth it."

Magnus ignored Rowena's comment and Camille's death glares towards the angel-demon, and continued, "Believe me, this wasn't an easy decision. But you crossed the line. I won't let Raphael suffer for your bad deeds."

"So this is about one little insubordinate vamp?" Camille sarcastically questioned, as if she didn't believe what she was hearing.

Camille's comment angered Magnus further than he already was and he continued to lecture her, "You've sired hundreds of vampires. Your children. But as a warlock, I can have none. The Downworlders I take under my wing, they are my children. My family. I'm sorry, Camille. I'll do whatever it takes to protect him." He said, turning away from the cage.

"The fear of loneliness... has always been your Achilles' heel." Camille mocked, causing Rowena to stand up from her seat and put her martini down. She wasn't sure if Magnus could take Camille's gloating and mocking.

Magnus turned back around, "Don't." He warned.

"You don't do well losing those you love, do you? I'm the only one you can count on to be here for you forever. You know that. That's why you love me... and you always will. Choose... me." She said, Rowena knew she was trying to encanto Magnus. She watched in anticipation, ready to step in if necessary.

"Enjoy Idris." Magnus finally said, making a smile appear on Rowena's face, "I hear the weather's a delight."

Magnus created a portal, causing Camille to let out her frustration, "How could you? I thought you loved me. Don't do this!" She yelled as the cage was engulfed by the portal.

Magnus slowly moved and sat down on the couch. Rowena could tell by the look on his face how much turning Camille in really hurt him, "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She asked, sitting down next to her best friend.

"Could you just stay over for a night, I don't want to be alone." He whimpered. Rowena nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"You know, what Camille said about she's the only one you can count on. It's not true, you can count on me. I'll always be here for you, Mag. You're like the little brother I never had."

"Thank you, Sunshine."

A/N: Hope you all enjoy this chapter and are staying safe! :)

Luv u guys xxxxx