[8] fire, blood and angel wings

"Ragnor's house is just across these fields." Magnus stated to Clary and Jace as we stepped onto some grass after going through a portal. Rowena smiled and took a deep breath in. She loved England, London especially, walking through fields full of the most beautiful flowers and grass that's so long it hit her knees, it made her feel so serene. She took another deep breath in and felt instantly calmer, exhaling slowly while looking up at the sun.

Jace immediately started walking in the direction Magnus had pointed in and the rest followed, trying to keep up with his fast speed, "Let's make this quick. We'll talk to Ragnor, then Portal him back to the Institute before anyone knows we're gone." He said, looking straight in front of him.

"So... brother and sister, huh?" Magnus asked, breaking the silence where the only noise heard was the sound of footsteps in the grass and mud.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Jace stated, simply, keeping focused on the mission, however, Clary had something to say about it.

She scoffed and turned her head to look at Jace with a sad yet angry look in her eye, "What, so we're just gonna be work buddies now? All about the mission, and totally ignore the huge bomb that just dropped on us."

"Yeah, sounds like a plan." Jace started, while Clary sighed, deeply, moving her head around, her long hair swishing behind her, "What do you want me to say, Clary? That I was attracted to my sister?"

"Point of fact, brother and sisters are often attracted to each other. I once knew this one couple in ancient Egypt..." Magnus started, trying to diffuse the tension and make the situation better... somehow.

Clary looked over towards Magnus, "Magnus, not helping."

"Maybe this will all make sense when we wake up Jocelyn. Since she is Jace's mother as well, perhaps..." Magnus started, trying to show a solution to the problem but, unfortunately, it made things worse.

Jace stopped in front of Magnus, pointing a finger at his chest in a threatening manner, "Don't say that again. Maryse is my mother. At best, Jocelyn is the woman who abandoned me."

"Hey, that is not true. My mother would never abandon her son. She thought you were dead." Clary yelled at Jace, her face turning almost as red as her hair.

"Or maybe she just didn't want me." Jace said.

Clary sighed, "You don't know her, Jace."

"That's right, I don't... Do you?"

Rowena sighed as Magnus stopped the two bickering, "I'm sorry I asked! I came with you to escape my relationship drama, not get a front row seat to yours."

"And I came to see an old friend and to visit my favourite country, so if you two don't mind, I would very much like it if you would stop this bickering. You are acting like children!" Rowena cried, taking a deep breath, and calming herself down. Clary and Jace both looked slightly embarrassed at just being yelled at by a 4,500-year-old immortal.

Jace turned around and continued to walk forward but slower this time, "What was that?" He asked, moving around slightly.

"Nice try, Jace. You're not getting out of this conversation that easily." Clary spoke, anger and frustration in her voice. Magnus and Rowena looked around and noticed the fire that was seeping from the ground.

"Look out!" Magnus yelled as he pulled Rowena back a few steps to stop her from getting burnt. Jace grabbed Clary by the arms and dragged her back, checking over her with his eyes to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"Ragnor put up wards to protect his lair." Magnus explained.

"Why is the fire green?" Clary shouted over the sound the fire made.