[16] nerves and crossbows

"This is complete and utter crap! I mean who does that dick think he is?" Rowena yelled, ranting to Luke and Simon as they left the institute.

Luke sighed, "He thinks he's head of the institute, which he is Rowena. We have to respect his choices, even if we don't like them."

"Guys, sun's coming up." Simon said, looking towards the night sky that was slowly becoming brighter.

"Good point, you're welcome to crash at the Jade Wolf for a while, if you need." Luke offered. Simon accepted the offer and the two got into Luke's car. "You not coming, Rowena?" Luke asked.

Rowena stared into the sky, "No." She started, "You go, I have some things to take care of." She replied. Once Luke and Simon had left, Rowena took the risk and sprouted her wings. It hurt more than usual when they extended to their full width and Rowena noticed that some of the feathers had turned a dark grey, some were even black. She took a deep breath and took off into the sky flying in the direction of London, England.

Rowena spotted the familiar lawn and landed gently on the ground, her wings retracting back into her shoulder blades. She walked over to the front door of the house and knocked four times.

"Rowena Cohen, back again?" Diana asked as she opened the door. "What is it this time, hun? You still sad about Ragnor?" She asked, a sad look on her face as she ushered Rowena into her living room.

Rowena sighed as she sat down, "Of course I miss Ragnor, but it's not that. Something's been happening to me. Every time I get worked up or angry or pissed off, this power, this evil power comes out of me and hurts people, Diana. I don't know what's going on. I-I don't think this has happened before and if it has I don't remember. I thought maybe you'd know something or have a book on demon blood or something."

Diana thought for a moment before an idea sparked in her head. She excused herself for a moment and left the room. Rowena thought about the demon blood coursing through her veins, maybe she was evil; maybe the angel blood was slowly getting weaker while the demon blood got stronger. She was confused and terrified, there was no one else like her in all the worlds and nobody knew what was going to happen.

Soon enough, Diana returned to the living room with a large red book in her hands. She laid it down on the table and Rowena read the title, 'Demons and Angels: The Entire Knowledge, by Raymond Krause.'

"This warlock, Raymond Krause, he has abilities. I, personally, don't know what they are but they helped him write this book with everything you need to know about demons and angels. It's all in there and if after reading it you need more info, there's an address in the front cover. He lives there." Diana said.

Rowena lunged for Diana and engulfed her in a hug, "Thank you so much." Rowena replied before excusing herself, taking the book and flying back to New York.

-------------

On her way to her apartment, Rowena noticed Jocelyn outside of the Jade Wolf, running away from it and heard some banging on a container door. She flew down towards the Jade Wolf and landed gently on the ground. She retracted her wings again which had started to hurt even more than they had earlier. As she retracted her wings a single feather fell from them. It had turned completely black and fallen off. She picked the feather up from the ground, looking it over, "This has never happened before." She said to herself, stuffing the feather in her pocket and walking over to the door of the container. With one swift kick, the door fell down and Clary and Simon looked at her, surprised.

"Hey guys, what were you doing in this container?" Rowena asked, looking between the two.

Clary smiled, "My mom locked us in here, thanks Roe." She said, turning to Simon, "Track my mom with your phone. We don't have much time." She said. Simon quickly checked the phone before Clary ran out of the container, Simon and Rowena in tow. The three ran faster and faster until they turned a corner.

Simon looked down at the phone before exclaiming, "Your mom's close."

"Then run faster!" Clary yelled.

Simon's eyebrows knitted together, "I'm a vampire. I'm running slow for you." He quipped.

"Me too. I could be flying." Rowena said, turning towards the two but retreating further behind after seeing the annoyed look on Clary's face. "That would be a lot faster." She mumbled to herself, still running behind Clary and Simon.

The three ran up to see Jace, Valentine and an unknown vampire. "That's what you mean." Jace said to the vampire before she attacked him, lunging towards him as he moved the stake he was holding and she disappeared into thin air. Clary, Simon and Rowena stopped still, shock painting their faces as well as Jace's. Valentine stood behind him, a devilish smirk sat upon his face as he watched his son kill a vampire.

"Ah, that's my boy." Valentine said to Jace, grabbing his shoulder in congratulations. What Valentine couldn't see was Jocelyn, who had come up the other side of the scene to Clary, Simon and Rowena, and was holding a loaded crossbow. She fired towards Jace but Valentine was too quick and took the arrow.

"No!" Clary yelled as Jocelyn started to reload the crossbow. Clary, Simon and Rowena ran towards Jocelyn as Jace moved towards Valentine.

"Run, Jonathan. They want you dead." Valentine cried, holding his shoulder that had an arrow sticking out of it. Jace looked around to see Jocelyn reloading the crossbow and grabbed Valentine, heading for the portal. Rowena stopped and pointed her hands at the portal trying to close it but nothing happened.

"Mom, stop!" Clary yelled. Jocelyn shot another arrow at Jace and Valentine but they had gotten through the portal which closed itself after their departure. "What have you done?"

A/N: Sorry I didn't update last week, I've been busy with a show at college but it's finished now so I'm back. Hope you enjoy!

Luv u xxxx