[10] awkward moments and old books

Alec and Magnus stood in the centre of the room, staring at each other and mumbling words that Rowena couldn't quite make out. The two then turned around, ready to face whatever was going to be thrown at them. Maryse stared daggers at her oldest son before turning away and stalking out of the room, her husband in tow. Isabelle stepped down from her position and walked towards her brother, Simon and Rowena following her lead.

"Alec, I am so proud of you." Izzy said, a large smile planted on her maroon coloured lips.

Alec put on a small smile at his sister's words before Simon introduced himself to the conversation, "Guys, that was incredible. It was like watching the live version of The Graduate. You know, the Dustin Hoffman movie? The amazing one? You were Ben. "Elaine!" And you were Elaine. I mean, a taller, masculine, handsome version of her. But the altar, though, you were like, "Ben!" And then... and then now, you're both sitting on the bus at the end of the movie, both totally stoked, but wondering, like "What are we gonna do now?" You know?" He rambled, Rowena trying to hold in her laughter at the movie reference.

"Alright, who invited the vampire?" Alec asked, a hint of sarcasm in his tone of annoyance.

Simon's face fell slightly, "Seriously."

"I'm very happy for you both." Rowena smiled, placing a comforting hand on her old friend's shoulder.

Magnus smiled at Rowena, "Thank you, Sunshine." He started, "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have other business to attend to."

Magnus left the group and made his way towards Clary and Jace, while Izzy and Alec moved their conversation towards some other Shadowhunters, leaving Rowena alone with her newfound vampire friend.

"So, Simon. When did you become a vampire?" She asked, quizzically.

Simon gritted his teeth and nodded his head a little, it was almost like he was preparing himself to answer the question. "I got kidnapped by Camille, some stuff happened that I don't really remember and then I was killed by Camille. A few moments later I woke up underground, dug myself out and I was a vampire. This was like a week or two ago, I think."

"Wow, so you're a very new vampire. That's always interesting." Rowena joked.

Simon cocked his head to the side, "What do you mean by that?"

"In my experience, every vampire I've met that was new was either completely for becoming a vampire and was therefore extremely crazy and weird or they were against becoming a vampire and despised it gravely. You seem to be somewhere in the middle."

He nodded. "Yeah. When I first woke up; I was terrified but now, I guess... I just have to accept it. There's nothing I can do to change it, right?"

"Right."

"So, what about you? How long have you been a half-demon, half-angel?" Simon asked.

Rowena chuckled, "Since I was born, about four thousand, seven hundred and fifty-something years ago." Simon's mouth opened and his eyes widened in surprise. "I know, I know... It's a long time to be alive."

"Do you have like special powers or something?"

"Kind of, if wings and magic is clast as 'special powers'?"

Simon laughed, "Yeah, they are. That's awesome though. Are they like angel wings? Like white and feathery? Or are they like dragon wings all scaly? Do they have horns coming out of them? Or lasers? Lasers would be so awesome!"

Rowena let out a loud laugh along with a few snorts as the two supernatural beings shared a moment, "They're light grey, with feathers. No lasers, unfortunately." Rowena stared into Simon's gorgeous brown eyes, at least she thought they were gorgeous, and her own eyes flickered down to his lips before she shook herself out of whatever trance she was in. "Um, I-"

"Magnus needs to see you, Rowena. You need to come with us." Clary interjected, cutting Rowena off and saving her from a multitude of embarrassment that she was about to spill out of her mouth.

---------------

Rowena stood with Jace, Alec and Clary, watching as Magnus waved his magic hands and teleported a bunch of Ragnor Fell's things to the table in the middle of the room.

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings. But I can't determine which will lead to the Book of the White." Magnus stated, looking over all of the things on the table and inspecting each one as his eyes crossed over them.

Clary pulled a bookmark from the table and looked over it, her eyebrows knitting together, "Wait, this bookmark. I've seen it before. In the alternate dimension you showed me a book of spells and this was in it. It must have the Book of the White."

"If that's the case, we can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book." Alec suggested, nodding towards Clary.

Jace nodded along with him, "Okay." He moved to take the bookmark from Clary before Magnus intervened.

"Warlock tracking is stronger." Magnus closed his eyes for a few moments, his facial expressions changing slightly while holding the bookmark. "Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is I know the owner. The bad? It's Camille."

Clary's eyes widened, "Camille?"

"Whoopie," Rowena said with sarcasm dripping from every syllable as she spoke, earning a slight chuckle from Jace.

"Looks like Raphael has her locked up in the basement of the Hotel DuMort." Magnus explained, an annoyed look gracing his features.

"Well, after I punched her, there's no way she'll help me." Clary said, defeated.

Rowena's eyes widened as her mouth fell open, "Wait, you punched Camille?" She asked, Clary nodded, "That is awesome! Thank you for your service, she deserved a good punch, or worse. What I would give to-"

"She won't have a choice but to help us. Trust me." Jace replied to Clary's pervious statement, cutting off Rowena. Jace and Clary shared a few weird looks before Jace left the room.

Rowena rocked back and forth on her heels before speaking out, "Well, that was awkward."

A/N: Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had some problems with my computer and I've been really busy lately. Hope you enjoyed anyway!

Luv u xxx